• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

steeda's old car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason i was worred was because of the 8k rev i had going for a lil bit

I'll admit that I have actually done this before at autocross. :eek: However, there is this little thing called a clutch, that you push in on those occasions... :troutslap:

haha! this guy worse than me....

car-fail.jpg

I'll admit that I have actually done this before at autocross. :eek: However, there is this little thing called a clutch, that you push in on those occasions... :troutslap:

Yep trust me that clutch we back in as fast as i could move my foot

And i don't care if they think i did something wrong. I engine brake every stick shift i have owned. the only reason i was worred was because of the 8k rev i had going for a lil bit

Nothing wrong with engine braking, but it won't help you stop faster, and I would definately avoid it in a panic stop situation for exactly the reasons you've shown us.

Nothing wrong with engine braking, but it won't help you stop faster, and I would definately avoid it in a panic stop situation for exactly the reasons you've shown us.

You should listen to this guy. Obviously you can tell by his title here that he knows what he's talking about.

No kidding. Would rather place cheap arese brake pads than a damn clutch. That's also on top of burning a lot more gas. Who the hell engine brakes? I don't think I've ever road with anyone in my 33 years that does that.

No kidding. Would rather place cheap arese brake pads than a damn clutch. That's also on top of burning a lot more gas. Who the hell engine brakes? I don't think I've ever road with anyone in my 33 years that does that.

I do occasionally, but because I'm obsessed with my Bassani and Fidanza setup, not for actual braking. I don't do it very often though. SVT SNOB engine brakes and heel-toe shifts constantly. I don't know how he does it.

That's also on top of burning a lot more gas.

Not true at all. Virtually all EFI engine calibrations shut down fuel completely on decel. but if you let it idle, it continues to burn fuel to keep the engine running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back