• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stazi mesh grill gen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, totally forgot about this thread with everything going on with the holidays. So if anyone wants to take my spot on the list, you are more than welcome.

Well i just installed my new grills and it was not as easy as i though it would be but was still pleased with the outcome. Here are the pics and i know i have a bad paint job will be painting car soon.
DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

Hey im interested in buying some 2nd gen. mesh.... how do i go about doing that? really though i am interested so pls pm back asap

how is everyone attaching these? factory clips? office depot clips? Looking for a good way to attach them without worring about it coming off.

how is everyone attaching these? factory clips? office depot clips? Looking for a good way to attach them without worring about it coming off.
Taking care of the center oval is an easy job - you take out the black part with the Ford emblem and use a saw to cut out the inside part along the edges. You can use a dremel to grind down any edges that stick up into the center of the oval, then place the mesh in front and screw the whole assembly back together. For the lower front and rear grill, I'm planning on doing something similar. I'm going to cut out the inside of the original grill, slide the mesh onto the tabs, and then place the remainder of the old grill behind it and attach it with the factory clips. I'm missing a few clips, I know, but I'm sure I can find a suitable replacement without too much trouble. Hopefully that'll keep it snugly in place. I bought Elky mesh two and a half years ago, and I simply slid the mesh over the tabs. It worked just fine for a long time, but a couple of times I caught the mesh on the front sliding back. Then one day a few weeks ago I noticed that the rear one had completely disappeared, which is what brought me to this thread.

I also am having troubles visualizing the install. The oval is no problem, because I purchased the full kit, and I think I can get the rear on with no problems - Stazi gave me some pointers on that - but the lower front has me confounded. I have some cheaper mesh that I tried (unsuccessfully) to install on the front lower grill a few months back, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the factory insert out. Does the bumper have to come off? I looked in the Chilton guide and there's nothing in there that I can find about removing the bumper, or even the guard below, other than the little flappy things that cover the foglight access. Is there a how-to somewhere that I haven't found? I'd appreciate anyone patient enough to instruct a newbie. :eek: Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back