• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2014?

I mentioned the cost of the track to Luca and as stated it is high. The rep gave me a list of groups who will be using the track. I'm contacting them to see if we can join with them or get us in on a open public day. This may alter the weekend of the event but I'm trying to prevent that from occurring. By ourselves it'll be over 12k for the day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

WOW I remember getting in touch with CMP which is an awesome track and they said only $1200 for a full day. Too bad it's to far south :/

I have been contacted in the past by the SVTOA letting me know about their track day at VIR. Perhaps we can go when they will be there?

We had 11 contours in tallmadge ohio, for our Meet and cruise at summit racing.. I'm glad you guys are planning way ahead this time around.. I couldn't put in for vacation time so I could make it this year and all 11 tours that were at out meet.. None went to SZ but I know for a fact that at least 4 will go next year if there is enough notice.

So no consideration at all for making it combined with neco? Pretty uncoordinated not organizing both sides together for one spot.

At this point cougar fest is in mechanicsburg and already being organized. That said if we were to do a joint meet at this point It would be more of us tagging along with them as it was last year. I think If it was going to be a joint meet we should have just done that. I dont see it as an option anymore untill maybe next year when we would get with them and plan with them and vote on the location and all that. I will be going to cougar fest anyway as its 30min from my house and they always welcome members even if they dont have cougars. Im really hoping Virginia works out as it seems nothing else is being even proposed.

we put it out there for you guys to put up a proposal as well and i would have been all for it, but nobody jumped in on it

We hadn't really set anything up yet and we're still working on it now. Maybe once we get ours done we can see what people would like to do. It's hard to get both forums to go to one site and vote. We may have to post it on both and ask people to vote on only one site.

Thats where i was saying the issue was. They had theyre proposals open for a while, we could have submited one but it took too long so now if we want to join it, whih im sure we still can we have to go with thier already set location. Which im fine with. I would love to run vir but to get to go to a joint meet in my back yard would be great as well. They are just better with scheduling over there and planning it seems.

Seems like a lot of people dismissed it all together as well.

- Since there is zero things planned for Virginia, and pa already has plans..... Why not go there? Plan VIR for next year.

So is this a proposal? If this would be the consensus I need to know. I've been arranging this with svtoa on sharing the track.

Cougarfest is a done deal in Mechanicsburg.

The only proposal regarding NECO would be CEG members joining them. Nothing to vote on, it's already been decided.

Honestly, I think CEG is missing out on something good with this silly segregation.

Either way, I think we are out this year. I guess this was pointless.

I don't know... Kinda seemed like everyone liked the VA idea I'll help plan if need be but I live 150miles from VIR. Just from the interest check on the track day seems like a lot but that doesn't mean much since we had that last year. I just feel that since only 6 of us showed up this year we should try something further south to get a better turn out... But I'm not the deciding party. it's up to the group.

Back