• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2014?

I guess I just need to come visit you ladies at home. Can't barely go a full year without a PP/Kimmay fix. :cry:

<3

Pretty sure we will be arranging some sort of get together w/ you guys next year if this doesn't happen anyway. We need that fix too.

I have not been to any SZ ever and i have been around the CSVT platform for at least six years. But i think that REGARDLESS of platform and if all the Cougar guys are a good group of grown-ups why in the hell just not join them if it is IMPOSSIBLE to get at least 20 CSVT's to a meet as of late or not much "interest". In my opinion it is time to like let go of the "we are a sedan platform and we want to keep it that way meet type of thing" and join a bigger turnout group year after year. Am i rooting for the cougar guys? I don't know any of them, only CEG folks but if they are opening up for us to join their meet and there is more interest to meet with them at a decent travel-to location then so be it and let's join the party.

Unless we are a huge huge following that shows up more than 30 CSVT's at any location we meet year after year, then we need to take the pride out and join the other meets.

The SVTOA track meet, for example, is a great example of what i am after by saying my opinion: we know it is mostly Cobras, Lights, GT's, even fsvt, but they are opening the doors, they are not saying "f* off with your old slow sedan and move on". So there, take that as an example and move on.

The SVTOA meet, we are not going to be joining. Events are being arranged in a separate area as there's. We are looking to give members the option to join them on the track day. A majority of our members were interested in a road course event. So that is what I'm perusing. The cost to do the road course on our own is astronomical. And by joining them on the course we will be able to cut cost drastically. I plan on having cost/itinerary in the next week.

I have never put out the impression that I was downing anyone that wanted to join the cougars. I'm just offering an option to attend spring zing. There was a lot of talk about it. I'm just putting this together as an option for our members.

12.5 hours, 814 miles.... to PA

650 miles, 9 hours 40 minutes.

I bet we could get a convoy sort of thing going on if some MI people would so desire. There's a few NECO members in Ohio that I know of, and maybe 5 from my area of Cougars.

This is news to me. Well we'll have to make that happen.

In the past, northern Ohio and Michigan commuters come through Columbus and meet up with the central Ohio people, and roll out as a group. Last time we went to Harrisburg we had 7-8 cars in the group. The Western PA people joined in as we reached the turnpike as well.

In the past, northern Ohio and Michigan commuters come through Columbus and meet up with the central Ohio people, and roll out as a group. Last time we went to Harrisburg we had 7-8 cars in the group. The Western PA people joined in as we reached the turnpike as well.

That's pretty awesome actually. I hope to be in that this year. I think some walkie talkies would be in order for communication, since I'm sure no one has a CB in their Cougar haha.

Just curious if anyone is still putting a proposal together for us to vote on. Seems like at the moment we would be voting between Virginia with ((VIR) or joining the NECO crowd. Just seems like we need to get moving on this since we are going into the new year.

I miss my CEG friends. :( Last SZ I went to was '09 I think. Did some designs for later years but couldn't make the events.

Back