• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Split Port 3.0L UIM on a 2.5L???

Nick A.

CEG'er
I have a Split Port 3.0L UIM that I have been trying to sell, but I'm wondering if it would make any more power or torque if I put it on my stock 2.5L SVT??? It's not extrude honed, so is it worth it to put it on without being EH'd?

30LUIMAL1.jpg

Thanks,
Nick

I would contact 95pgt-t and see for sure, it isn't hard to swap over. Just takes a little time. Probably about 2-3hrs for a beginner.

I also was looking for pics of one installed on his car and all the picture links I needed are dead from his for sale ad.

Yeah, I'm not worried about installing it (I'm not a beginner :cool:). I've even got an extra EGR pipe to make things easier.

I'm just wondering if there would be any power/torque benefit on a 2.5L SVT engine???

Joe, was yours extrude honed?

Thanks,
Nick

Nope, mine was just a stocker with powder coating. I would prefer to run this aluminum one over the plastic one, not sure why really - just a wierd feeling I have about them.

Cool, I'm just trying to see if anyone thinks that it will improve power over the stock EH'd SVT UIM??? I've seen plenty of threads where people hint at it but no one comes out and says it.

-Nick

I have a Split Port 3.0L UIM that I have been trying to sell, but I'm wondering if it would make any more power or torque if I put it on my stock 2.5L SVT???
hey Nick; is that the manifold that has split ports that join a few inches inside from the LIM/UIM joint ?
i'm wondering if it has more volume than an SVT UIM and if it would be a good alternative choice (to an ST220 UIM) for a blown 2.5L .... what do you think ? ...G.

Yup that's the one! I can't find the picture, but the runners are not split in 2 just the flange that attaches to the LIM is.

i hope you try it. I'll make a prediction that it will lose power down low because of slower air velocity. I'm also thinking it may not make more power up top because the runners are too long. This is why i was thinking a turbo setup might be a more suitable setup for it. Anyhoo, watching with interest ...G.

Okay...:crazy:

This item helped top end power...above 5800 rpms...but down low he stated that he noticed a little bit of a power loss till 2800 rpms.

It took him about 2-3 hours as stated by blufuz.

Hey Harrry; do you have a thread link/dyno sheet please for this mod ? .....G.

Hey Harrry; do you have a thread link/dyno sheet please for this mod ? .....G.

Well i do not have a dyno sheet. But i know pgt first hand and we spoke many times over the telephone when i was looking at attempting to tackle this myself.

We spoke about the vacume lines and the power range. What he liked and disliked. He was fortunate because he plugged the egr and didn't have to worry about having to run a new egr tube on his car and having a cel!

I had a full write up on an pm he sent me...but i can't find it...and i fear i deleted it. :blackeye:

Yep, I remember him telling me when he did this as well. I think with a good tune you'd see some decent gains with it.

Good point! Tuning would definitely be needed to realize the true potential of this modification, or any other that changes the way air/fuel is delivered to the engine.

Curious what BurritaSVT thinks. I have PM'd him about his thoughts on this, but I know he's a busy man.

i already have my 3l uim so i can do this mod, but i really have been waiting till i have to pull the engine so i can properly run the egr tubing. then i can get it tuned for it and install a 95 front valve cover and it would look good!

i already have my 3l uim so i can do this mod, but i really have been waiting till i have to pull the engine so i can properly run the egr tubing. then i can get it tuned for it and install a 95 front valve cover and it would look good!

I have the 3.0L UIM too, just trying to figure out if it will be better than the SVT UIM.

Why do you need the '95 front valve cover? Our valve cover has the mounting for the IMRC? Infact, you won't be able to use the '95 because there is no provision for the cam-driven waterpump pulley.

-Nick

I have the 3.0L UIM too, just trying to figure out if it will be better than the SVT UIM.

Why do you need the '95 front valve cover? Our valve cover has the mounting for the IMRC? Infact, you won't be able to use the '95 because there is no provision for the cam-driven waterpump pulley.

-Nick
95 Contour valve covers do have the provision for the water pump pulley but dont have the mounting for the IMRC box since they use vacuum operated secondaries.

idk what one is better.. but i like the 3l uim because of how it looks and its the route less taken. i have my imrc relocated so i want the 95 valve cover to make it look clean when i do the 3l uim. with the uim powder coated and the 95 valve covers the engine would look hot but that's just my 2 cents:shrug:

this is a picture of 95pgt-t's 2.5 engine with the 3l uim

picture.php

Back