• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

speed limiter

yomanwill

CEG'er
I have an opportunity to take my beater box to the track, thought it would be nice to be able to go a bit faster. But, to be honest I don't think the braking system would be up to the task....

Last edited:
Another question whats the limter set to on the contour because mine puked out at 107.

thats about what mine cuts out at.

one question? what track are you taking it to that your gonna get the zetec up to those speeds. youll have to be in fourth gear for from about 80mph. a stock zetec (or even mildly modified) just doesnt have the power to go the extra 25-30mph to hit the govener very fast.

i think the zetecs might be lower than 112. ive hit it before and it wasnt even close to 110 and i know my speedo is accurate up to at least 90 (gps verified). either way i dont think your gonna get it up to that speed at a track.

well, i checked the "track" ....and no I don't think I'm going to be going anywhere near 108+....It's a flippin dirt oval, my friend kinda forget to mention that bit...oh well

anyway, if i had to guess the govener is probably programed into the PCM, so I guess an aftermarket tuner could do it, but i doubt it

Last edited:
yeah, you wont hit the limiter unless your going around a big oval track

one thing we say in the saturn community, if you dont know how to remove the limiters you dont need to.

Alright, so where do you get a chip to get rid of it... I know my Jet performance chip didn't do anything for it.

If I were you, I'd get an xcal2. They are about $300-350 and are better than just a chip. You can do basic modifications on your own. Adjust Timing and other fun stuff.

I think most people have gotten theirs from Brent at Brenspeed. Shoot him an email with your PCM code.

The real cool thing is that in the future you could buy the Pro Race software to completely modify your tune.

HTH,
BP

Back