• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Somebody t-boned me today!

Looks great. But depending upon the laws of your state, you may be able to assert a claim fro diminished value to your car, even though it has been repaired. As it was never wrecked before and now will have a big fix show up on a car fax report (for example) your car's value would likely be assessed by an appraiser in the field to have dropped, even like 20%, despite what the other driver's insurance would say if you asked them, and even with your miles. It's worth asking about with a dealer's used car mgr. and a local atty.

that looks really good, from the pics anyways. I know you are a perfectionist so it is probably done right. I have pics of what you want - just lazy on my part kuz of all the xmas stuff and work.....

Glad you're ok, and it's cool the cop wrote that it wasn't your fault, at least you got that going for you. Hope the repair goes smoothly.

Don't say that!!!!:eek:

Exactly, PLEASE DON'T SAY THAT!!! And I haven't seen yet, did the douche bag actually have insurance??
Now that I've read the whole thread, at least you won't have to go after the moron for the money. That's what insurance is for anyway. And when I saw the before and after pics, I almost had a catch in my throat. Your car is so perfect. It gives all of us something to shoot for.

Last edited:
Looks Awesome. You have to laugh about the fact the guy didn't even bother talking to his insurance company, He knew he was wrong

That shop did a great job, Just out of curiosity what did they actually charge if you don't mind me asking? And how much did the insurance actually pay for?

Looks Awesome. You have to laugh about the fact the guy didn't even bother talking to his insurance company, He knew he was wrong

That shop did a great job, Just out of curiosity what did they actually charge if you don't mind me asking? And how much did the insurance actually pay for?

Bodyshop charged me exactly what the insurance company paid me. I showed them the quote.

I mean, you can go about it two ways. Either you dont tell the bodyshop what the insurance company is going to pay you and you take the gamble of the bodyshop quoting more than the insurance company, and then your left with the bodyshop probably cutting corners to get to the cost of the insurance company. Or you can show them the quote which breaks down all the parts that needs to be replaced and the cost to fix each piece. Basically, if the insurance adjuster thinks the entire door needs to be replaced instead of the outer skin, he'll incure that into the adjustment. By not showing the bodyshop that, they may just reskin the door which is cheaper and more likely to rust down the road. Generally, if you show them the quote from the insurance company, theyll do exactly what it says which is the correct way to fix it.

Back