• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Somebody t-boned me today!

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
First of all, let me say, that I'm okay.

I was heading to school today heading west on 16th street. I noticed the other guy sitting at a stop light heading east waiting to make a left except hes making the left from from the right lane. Not sure what he was thinking, but I figured he clearly sees me. Right as Im going through the intersection he t-bones me. I was pissed!!! Thankfully, he pulls off the side of the road and I pull into a parking lot.

Both these guys that get out of the car look like they are straight from the hood. GHETTO pretty much sums it up. Pants to their knees, hair is in braids, the driver has is fake fur coat. The older guy sitting in the back gets out and yells where I'm racing too. I told him I was going to school and was going the speed limit and that he proceeded to make a left on green in front of me. He said he was making a left on green and that I pulled out in front of him. Thats fine. I have the right away since I have a green too and he had to yield to oncoming traffic.

The police arrive after about 20 mins and get both our stories. The guy in the back seat is still claiming I was driving way to fast and eventually the cop just said, "Sir, were you driving? I'm tired of hearing you talk so get in the car because I dont want to talk to you." Anyways, the cop stated the other driver was in the wrong so that was good. I'm calling the insurance company later today.

Anyways, both my drivers side doors are smashed in. Front fender is dented. Rear fender is scratched right by the rear door. Both wheels have very minor curb rash from where he hit me. (Probably being picky, but he damaged them so I want new ones.) The drivers side plastic wheel well is ripped. Should be a hefty bill. Im going home to fort wayne this weekend to get an estimate.

100_0765.jpg

100_0761.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0762.jpg

100_0763.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man the clean green got hurt.

Its not as bad as i thought it would be, as i was opening the page.

Glad you're okay man!!!

What was that guy thinking :blackeye:

It sucks to see such a nice well taken care of car need to go to a collision shop. :( Glad you are okay and hopefully all will work out to be better than before.

Dang Jim, when you text me this morning, I was thinking "first your brother gets t-boned in my driveway, and now you!" The damage isn't as bad as I was imagining, but I hope the estimate goes in your favor.

Mark

green :(

im starting to wonder if there are suppose to be no green SVT's anymore.they seem to be dropping left and right!

glad your ok, you came out better than mine :(

Damn that made me flinch. What were you doing driving that in the snow? Im glad your ok. I really really hope it doesnt get totalled. You never know these days.

This is your only car now, right? Am I wrong to wonder why people are curious why you're driving that?

Looks like minimal damage (no frame thankfully) but with the mileage I hope it's not a total. Either way you could buy it back and fix it quickly.

Hey Jim that is going to be one hell of a bill to fix, i had similar damage on the front of the driver door and it was 400$ to fix, your best bet is to get the money from his insurance company and get new door panels and fendors. Hell you might make money off of it. I know when my dad got scraped one time he got 400$ from the lady's insurance company. We took it to a shop we knew and they fixed it for 200$ looked good as new

Yes, this is my only car. Car is still babied. Just did a 5 step of wax of a couple weeks ago preparing for the winter months. Leather gets conditioned just about every time I wash the car. Carpet is covered with winter floor mats which are covered by towels (as always) to keep the carpet looking brand new.

If I had to guess, its going to cost about $3000 to fix. I'm hoping it doesn't get totaled because it is one of the cleanest SVTs around. Unfortunately...now its been wrecked. :(

The insurance company is calling me tomorrow. Even though it does have 113K on it now, it literally just looked like it rolled off the showroom floor (before the accident), especially the interior. Hey, according to that canadiandriver.com article SVTs are with between $6000-8000 haha. Hopefully that counts for something.

Last edited:
Back