• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who wants to get me back into an SVT?

Thats a shame. I bought a protege 5 hatch a few months back, put nearly 10k miles on it so far and its been problem free. I don't think i've gone 10k on the contour since i bought it where it didn't require some work. The 36mpg on my last trip on 87 octane didn't hurt either.

The only other Mazda I would settle for would be a Speed 3. Otherwise, no thanks to that bland brand.

yes... mostly to haul my bike long distances since i realized its not too comfy after about 6 hours.. and the 11 hour ride i took killed my ass.... uhhh... lol

however, i find myself hauling a lot of stuff lately. and making plenty of money doing it. i guess you can call me "the transporter". lol. ive been borrowing my dads f250.. but i hate it and its too big and difficult to get stuff in and out of it.... and he doesnt much care for me driving it. even though he loves taking my P5.

so ive been considering a ranger. i found a great deal on one. i just dont know how smart its going to be trading a perfect car that i really like for a used truck... that i have no idea about. it could be a total lemon and i wouldnt know it untill i buy it.. like my contour. only the ranger isnt $1,300. its $4000

The only other Mazda I would settle for would be a Speed 3. Otherwise, no thanks to that bland brand.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree but mazda makes much sportier econo cars then pretty much any other car company. I dislike the styling of the 2010 mazda 3 but i think at some point i'd like to get into a 3 sport wagon.

Buy an older beat up Ranger or S10. Not too much of a risk in buying an older one for under $1k.
unless you get it from NewYork you'll be putting brake lines and suspesion part into it:blackeye:

Mike, I'll trade you my wife's Toyota pickup for your Protege 5!!:laugh:

On second thought, I like you too much to saddle you with Pandora.:laugh:

On second thought, I like you too much to saddle you with Pandora.:laugh:

Speaking of Pandora's Box situations...replacing a dry rotted coupling on my EVAP line managed to also take 4 other codes away with it after I cleared them. :laugh:

as long as its a Taco. i really like those trucks.

you said it got a new engine recently? lol.

i have decided to keep the P5 though.. unless i get a good deal... who knows?

The new motor has about 80K on it, the body has about 286K, she's trying to keep it until it hits 300K...I'm trying to kill it before it hits 287K. :laugh:

Back