• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who wants to get me back into an SVT?

So I guess it is true...you can sell your SVT. But everyone always comes back.

almost. there are three types of owners

1. those who sell their car and never look back
2. those that sell and then get back into one later on
3. those that will never sell their cars.

i feel like i should post a link to that auction. theres a green svt coming to the auction block in southern PA next week

too bad this isnt a Mustang SVT fourm... that way when you ask us to get you back in a SVT we can make fun of you and say we'll get you a Contour SVT... lol

Thats a shame. I bought a protege 5 hatch a few months back, put nearly 10k miles on it so far and its been problem free. I don't think i've gone 10k on the contour since i bought it where it didn't require some work. The 36mpg on my last trip on 87 octane didn't hurt either.

dude... i love my P5. got it in FEB. and have about 7k on it. not a single problem. i think im dumb for selling it soon...

Did you finally get yours fixed?

Thats a shame. I bought a protege 5 hatch a few months back, put nearly 10k miles on it so far and its been problem free. I don't think i've gone 10k on the contour since i bought it where it didn't require some work. The 36mpg on my last trip on 87 octane didn't hurt either.

lol doesn't your mazda shoot smoke white smoke out of the tail pipe for some unknown reason, to the point where you were asking for help pulling the motor out to try and fix it?

lol doesn't your mazda shoot smoke white smoke out of the tail pipe for some unknown reason, to the point where you were asking for help pulling the motor out to try and fix it?

I swapped to high mileage oil and its all but stopped. Uses maybe half a quart over 3-3.5k miles which is slightly more then the contour.

Back