• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

parting out a car, what are parts worth?

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
just picked up a pretty clean csvt yesterday that me and a buddy will be parting out. its a black E1 with mb interior and an E0 dash. all parts are very good condition. (except the motor, lol). car has 110k

could use some help determining what the parts are worth, on average.

front seats (some good wear on them).
E0 dash
E1 wheels with tires, all in good condition
glass
exhaust
trans
cams
front bumper
rear bumper
side skirts
fogs
gauges?
rear seat
mirrors (each)
ac compressor
moonroof motor
hood
trunk w/ factory spoiler
grill
headlights (pair)

feel free to add anything else im missing

thanks in advance :)

Did you hear, those parts aren't worthanything. Might as well just ship the whole car my way. I can take care of it for you so i won't take up your garage/lawn.

hope i still got dibs on a rack of parts:

seats, glovebox, switches, jackpoint covers, and those purdy wheels :)

3.0 swap

3.0 swap

Find a 2.5 block and put it in, or do a 3.0:cool: A good driving experience is ahead. Maybe you could sell the whole car in the CEG or Fordcontour.org sites?

just picked up a pretty clean csvt yesterday that me and a buddy will be parting out. its a black E1 with mb interior and an E0 dash. all parts are very good condition. (except the motor, lol). car has 110k

could use some help determining what the parts are worth, on average.

front seats (some good wear on them). $100 ea
E0 dash dunno
E1 wheels with tires, all in good condition - $400
glass - sell with doors, front and rear smash up lol
exhaust - $100-150
trans - if working a few hundred bucks
cams - 150-200
front bumper - 200-400
rear bumper $400-600
side skirts - $150 each
fogs - got me there
gauges? $50-100
rear seat - bottom 30-40, top about the same
mirrors (each) $30 ea
ac compressor - nothing lol
moonroof motor - $50 - $80
hood -150-300
trunk w/ factory spoiler 200-300
grill - 20-30
headlights (pair) hazed?

feel free to add anything else im missing

thanks in advance :)

don't forget center console, sf glass, power steering rack, suspension, sensors like ABS, brake plunger, clutch pos. switch, engine wiring harness, tons of misc. trim pieces., wiper motor, master cylinder, ypipe, heads, revised cupholder?, shifter mechanism, shift cables, tons i'm prolly missin.

Last edited:
Did I miss the UIM and LIM on the list-----$250-$400 on the UIM and $50-$75 on the lower.

SVT Intake - $75

I think we should start a sticky reguarding various prices on parts for the car. Like when someone (Todd?) was quoted with $400 or whatever for an axel from the stealership when he could pick one up at NAPA $70.

Well, it's pretty hard to do that. Each region has different pricing. My pricing might even be low because I'm in MI. We have a lot more SVTs to pick apart.

Find a 2.5 block and put it in, or do a 3.0:cool: A good driving experience is ahead. Maybe you could sell the whole car in the CEG or Fordcontour.org sites?

been that route, and yeah it was good. ive considered it but this car is from out of state and was never registered. in order to so, it would have to go the DMV to be inspected and im not sure a 3L would sneak past them. and doing a 2.5 is a waste of time imo....

believe me, i hate to chop up a nice looking car in good condition but at least people will get the parts they need :shrug:

i need some ideas on pricing people. just a reasalistic suggestion. i dont want to be a tard and ask too much but i dont want to lose my arse on this either. thanks to those who have suggested some.

ill be putting it in the classifieds in the next day or so but i didnt want to do so until i had somewhat of a handle on how much to ask for.

a 3.0l would go by them. If you use the svt heads there would be NO way that they would be able to tell the difference.

i need some ideas on pricing people. just a reasalistic suggestion. i dont want to be a tard and ask too much but i dont want to lose my arse on this either. thanks to those who have suggested some.

Umm did you see my post.:help:

hahaha! how the hell did i miss that? :troutslap: well i was in a hurry earlier :shrug:

but what about all those other parts you listed? huh?? wtf about them?? :mad: :laugh:

I have been receiving many questions, offers and wierd trades about the car, please do NOT pm me. my pm box fills up every half hour. 200 pms ftl :rolleyes: its full of important dirt on various people like steeda and todras. i set up a specific email account for this svtpartscar@yahoo.com please send any inquiries there. please be sure to put your real name and your CEG screen name so i dont get people all confused. :dizzy:

ill start pulling pieces off the car tomorrow and post some pics, in the classifieds section.

ps i can do my best to get the parts to you in time for SZ.

Last edited:
Back