• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who here has the fastest csvt?

I believe the fastest 1/4 mile time is a 13.2, both of which are naturally aspirated 3.0L's. I think i ran a 14.7 in my 364 whp at SZ 06 if that tells you anything about how terrible these cars put the power to the ground. To run a 12 sec pass, be prepared to invest a lot of money or you might get lucky by running slicks and hope that your axle shafts stay together for 1 pass.

I believe the fastest 1/4 mile time is a 13.2, both of which are naturally aspirated 3.0L's. I think i ran a 14.7 in my 364 whp at SZ 06 if that tells you anything about how terrible these cars put the power to the ground. To run a 12 sec pass, be prepared to invest a lot of money or you might get lucky by running slicks and hope that your axle shafts stay together for 1 pass.

:laugh: Yup, pretty much. My last run was 14.4. I'm confident i could've gotten a high 13sec run had i done my exhaust work earlier. Wouldn't have had to shift to fifth...

The reason no one has hit 12's, is because no one has REALLY tried to. Quite a few full weight and stripped out SHO's have gone 12's (with stock axles none the less). There is no reason the already inherently lighter, CSVT can't. Hell, I was launching my car at idle and damn near wen't 12's.

-Sam

There have been more than enough people who have tried....or at least they have built fairly good motors that are producing way more than 300 hp to the wheels. That is where ALL the issues with this platform begin and end. At the wheels. Simply can't get the power to the ground effectively. CSVT49 might have found a solution with his traction bars, but we won't know until he gets everything assembled. Like everyone has said, our 1/4 mile times are horrible because our 0-30 times suck. After that, they can be very quick and trap well. Also, is it Pole, who has the stripped down track car? Look up his build and tell me he didn't try enough to get it into the 12's.

I see the banner up top and can't help to think, with all those body kits surely they're fast cars... right?
Yeah... those are all stock body kits. Except the bumper on the pre98 which is still made of stock bumpers. :laugh:

I think someone could hit 12s if they wanted it bad enough. Most people don't care though. And since the cars are getting older there are less and less people willing to invest any money in them. Pole's car was/is not built for drag racing, it was for open tracks. Just like everyone who invests substantial time/money into building one of these things for performance.

There have been more than enough people who have tried....or at least they have built fairly good motors that are producing way more than 300 hp to the wheels. That is where ALL the issues with this platform begin and end. At the wheels. Simply can't get the power to the ground effectively. CSVT49 might have found a solution with his traction bars, but we won't know until he gets everything assembled. Like everyone has said, our 1/4 mile times are horrible because our 0-30 times suck. After that, they can be very quick and trap well. Also, is it Pole, who has the stripped down track car? Look up his build and tell me he didn't try enough to get it into the 12's.

Not at all what I was getting at. I'm talking about setting up the car, specificly for drag racing. There are plenty of tricks that fast FWD cars do to get the power down. Yet many people just don't want to try it. Once a few guys in the SHO world tried a couple of these things, times started dropping.

-Sam

Not at all what I was getting at. I'm talking about setting up the car, specificly for drag racing. There are plenty of tricks that fast FWD cars do to get the power down. Yet many people just don't want to try it. Once a few guys in the SHO world tried a couple of these things, times started dropping.

-Sam

Why set up a car that handles exceptionally well in the corners for just going fast in a straight line? That is like trying to stick a round peg in a square hole. And with this plat form, instead of finding a square peg, we need to make a whole new board to put it threw....the time and money is just too much for most people to care about hitting a fast 1/4 mile time. Especially when the car does just fine from 30mph +

I'm with SHOspazz. I think the biggest mistake people make is running drag radials instead of actual slicks. The radials give you the wrinkle and give you need to launch at higher RPMs and avoid wheel hop and the sudden jolt that breaks axles.

BTW quick is acceleration and fast refers to speed.

I have to agree about the straight line performance on these vehicles. Quick in straight lines, but I think they can be pretty fast in the twisties. Rob Waltons car is a prime example of that.

Can't believe I'm just now reading this thread for the first time...

Many good points in here. The one reason why there has not been a 'fast' Contique on here is because no one has really made it there goal to make a 'fast' Contique. Sure there have been people that have made good power, but anyone can do that. No one has really IMO put forth the needed effort to put the power to the ground. I hope to do that when I finish my car with all the things I've designed and built/building. I feel that I've addressed a great deal of the problems. I still have a couple of things up my sleeve to take it even further, but I am not putting all my effort to getting the car up and running first.

I still have a couple of things up my sleeve to take it even further, but I am not putting all my effort to getting the car up and running first.

Like working on it and finishing it? lol. Just because people don't have 400 page threads doesn't mean they don't spend 10x as much time on their cars as some people....just sayin.

I'm sitting at 13.904 at 102.58

210WHP/200WTQ

2500 lbs.

Can't get the thing off the line. 1st gear in this thing(second and third too when I add the oost) is useless. I'm adding another 100HP with a new engine build and SC, but unless I get into slicks etc. I don't see it getting much better than higher trap speeds....but then again, that's not what ti's built for. It's built for 3-5th gear on a road course.

These things are wonderful street cars but as everyone has said first gear is about useless. Bhiggs89 and I run a LOW 7 second dragster so running these on the track isn't a priority. The one time I did run it was with the old first gear ratio. Worthless in first so I launched in 2nd, worthless there too. I finally launched at near idle in 2nd then shifted into 4th and my trap speeds was nearly 108 mph. I am sure with my new first gear ratio the ET would be far better. At the track most front wheel drive RACE cars have locked front and rear suspensions so there is no weight shifting, very small slicks, and 110 octane fuel. You can easily pick up 1 second in ET if you can just lock suspension travel at the track.

On ramps are where it shines. 3rd gear is great with the new transmission gear ratios. Perfectly suited to the torque of the 3.0 turbo, zero wheel spin, and solid acceleration. I just walk away from most cars ( BMWs are my favorites ).

We are all watching CSVT#49's progress on traction.

rwalton wins because its official. i would love to be able to run my car out like that. i know itll do 135, but that was 150HP ago. dont know of anywhere like the big bend race that is close that i can do it, legally.

Back