• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So...I'll be moving to Ann Arbor, any aptmnt. ideas?

LukeDuke

CEG'er
Well its official. I took my new job in Ann Arbor. I will be moving there in early june. I have been looking online at diff apartments, but was wondering if anybody had any input or experience around the area. I will be going to the area at the end of this week and might stop by a few if i get a chance or hear about some from you guys.

So if you guys have any areas to reccomend or anythign please let me know. Specific apartments would be great too. Thanx in advance.

Hmmmm

Ive also been looking recently since its time to move.

Places to not live:
-Woodchase (weeeee drugs and subsidized housing in the front) like driving through a mini-compton to get to the back half
-pine lake bigger mini-compton

There are some decent apartments along stadium, but most are around briarwood mall.

If I recall you're not far from A2 at the moment, it would be worth it to come down and check the places out. I know my biggest concern now that im looking is parking.

I only lived in an apartment for 1 year after I got married. We lived in a Village Green apartment in Troy and really liked it. It cost more than average, but was a very nice place. I see there are two complexes in Ann Arbor and I recommend at least looking at them.

http://www.villagegreen.com/

Last edited:
Apts in Ann Arbor are rediculiously expensive, find an apartment in a neighboring town like 5 or 10 minutes outside of ann arbor, prices drop like crazy around there.

Apts in Ann Arbor are rediculiously expensive, find an apartment in a neighboring town like 5 or 10 minutes outside of ann arbor, prices drop like crazy around there.

As do the quality of the city. You live in dorm housing in ypsi, you cant speak as if you have experience. Ypsilanti has a significant amount more crime and all around ghettoness than ann arbor.

Harry has found a nice place in ypsi thats full of college kids. That being said, Luke has graduated by now (I assume since hes taken this job) and that type of apt. might not fit his style.

I personally would rather pay more and live in Ann Arbor.

Oh and as a general rule of thumb, the closer to U of M campus, the more expensive... But thats common sense.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am looking for a nice place not too far from where my work will be. Zip code will be 48108. Im not sure of other nice area neighborhoods, so if any suggestions that would be great. I havent actually graduated yet but in about 3 or 4 weeks I will be. Then I dont start till mid june. Currently I am about 2 hours or so from there in Midland. I have to drive down there to take a drug test this friday and might check some stuff out then if I have time.

I was pretty happy to find out that there is however a Chipotle is Ann Arbor, thats great!

Any other info would help a lot. Thanx, appreciate everything.....

48108 is nearly to ypsi. You will do fine choosing anything in the ann arbor area. its all about 10 mins away.

PM me if you need any specifics

Troy is quite a drive from ann arbor :shrug:

Villiage Green has 2 apartment complexes in Ann Arbor. Based on my experience with them in Troy, and a friend's experience in Farmington Hills, I recommend looking at any of them.

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. I lived at Windemere apts. down the street from toyota. on green rd. I LOVED THEM! private entry, olympic size swimming pool. washer and dryer, dishwasher. But they were pricey i spent about 900$ a month for a 1100 sq ft. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. oh yeah fireplace too.
For ann arbor, and for what it was, It was not too bad.

Check out Rent.com (if you find an apt on there you also get a 100$ via gift card) And it is true, I did it and I got it.

Last edited:
Stay the "F" away from Windlmere Appts. They're too close to the expressway, hence ideal for theives (quick getaway).

They broke into my car there and ransacked it and they busted into SlvrSVT00's bro's car too.

Make sure wherever you live around there - DO NOT LEAVE anything like stereo faces, radar detectors, CD's, things of value in you car!

Personally I would say look at somewhere like Livonia or Canton as for the same price you would pay for an appt in AA,you could get a house with a garage in the above places and it's only a 25-30 minute commute to AA.

Stay the "F" away from Windlmere Appts. They're too close to the expressway, hence ideal for theives (quick getaway).

They broke into my car there and ransacked it and they busted into SlvrSVT00's bro's car too.

Make sure wherever you live around there - DO NOT LEAVE anything like stereo faces, radar detectors, CD's, things of value in you car!

Personally I would say look at somewhere like Livonia or Canton as for the same price you would pay for an appt in AA,you could get a house with a garage in the above places and it's only a 25-30 minute commute to AA.

this is true, but dude that was an isolated incident I think. I lived there for 2 yrs and no problems when I was there.:shrug: and you know as well as I do there were some ppl with some nice ass cars there! (good looking out stazi i DID forget about that, my bad!1)

but bottom line staying on campus will cost you an arm and a leg! if you want cheap, go to Ypsi. they have some decent stuff.

I found these online and they sounded pretty good. ANybody have any advice about these?

Highland Apts.
Broadway St.

Ann Arbor Woods
Medford Rd

Carlton Apts.
Charlton Rd.

Glencoe Hills Apts.
Glencoe Hills Rd.

Park Place Apts.
Pauline Blvd.

All of these are around the prices of 750+ for one and two bedroom. I dont want to get to expensive but somewhere nice, with a garage would be ideal, and not spending a fortune. (so i can put more $ into the svt). That would be sweet to find a house to rent for a year with a garage. What type of site can I find these, the same things like rent.com or what? Thanx for the help so far guys. Let me know what you think of this....

Park place is right up the street from my house, 2 minute drive. Its... decent. A friend used to live there and he didnt mind too much. Supposedly a decent number of parties, and a general lack of concern for peoples automobiles. Ive found that you're pretty much going to be stewed on parking in the 750 range apartments. Ones that ive looked at with decent parking, are in the 1000 range (and hence a different type of tenant... more money, nicer cars)

Getting shacked up with a rental home is the gravy, but those are a bit harder to come by.

Thanks guys. I am looking for a nice place not too far from where my work will be. Zip code will be 48108. Im not sure of other nice area neighborhoods, so if any suggestions that would be great. I havent actually graduated yet but in about 3 or 4 weeks I will be. Then I dont start till mid june. Currently I am about 2 hours or so from there in Midland. I have to drive down there to take a drug test this friday and might check some stuff out then if I have time.

I was pretty happy to find out that there is however a Chipotle is Ann Arbor, thats great!

Any other info would help a lot. Thanx, appreciate everything.....

I definately had seen you in midland before... You had a silver SVT right?

im from that area, and as you probably know fairly well, SVTs arent that common around there.

yea i have a silver svt. its not in MI right now but i know of one other one here in town that is all stock. i had mine up here this past fall and you may have seen me then. what do you have? i have anther friend with a tgreen one that goes to school with me. Are you the one who put a CEG flyer on my windsheild one day at fast eddies?

well if anyone knows about a place to find a house to rent that would be great. then i could have a garage to work in. well let me know...thanx again.

yea i have a silver svt. its not in MI right now but i know of one other one here in town that is all stock. i had mine up here this past fall and you may have seen me then. what do you have? i have anther friend with a tgreen one that goes to school with me. Are you the one who put a CEG flyer on my windsheild one day at fast eddies?

well if anyone knows about a place to find a house to rent that would be great. then i could have a garage to work in. well let me know...thanx again.

yup, I put the CEG flyer on your window at fast eddies. That was quite some time ago, I still had my old Pacific Green Pre98 with SE skirts and SVT E1 wheels. Loved that car.

IIRC you had some big chrome wheels on your SVT at the time.

lol yeap that was me. those were some chrome 17s that came on the car when i bought it. they are long gone. man i miss my car, gotta wait 4 more weeks and a 12 hour drive back to MN to get it.

ill try to search for some houses and see what i can find....

Back