• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So are we gonna do a SZ09?

Mark,

We are waiting patiently.
The wife and I will be there.
I need to submit my vacation request ASAP though !!!!!

I posted & stickied a thread for the event info. I'll have the dates solidified over the next week. (I have to figure out my work schedule for May '09)
-Mark

Mark,

Is there anyway to actually have a "track day" at Gingerman rather than play time during test & tune?

I think the noobs that participated at Waterford Hills this past year appreciated a more structured event with instructors and such, along with more track time.

The feedback I heard after the "test & Tune" runs at SZ07 was the people there wished they had more instruction. They didn't know the line or what they were doing and wanted to learn, but there wasn't a way to do it. There were actually dangerous safety issues that popped up due to the lack of structure and instruction. Plus, in 07 there were actually a few non-CEG cars there that actually were testing and tuning and all we did was get in their way. It resulted in an additional run group for them with shorter time on the track for all.

In general, I think there is a growing group of people on here that want to do a track day, more so than the drag strip (though there are some that enjoy that activity too...) so why not build on that interest?

Just my thoughts.... :shrug:

^^ I agree, I havent ever done a track day and I want too this next time and will need some instruction.

I'm working on having local instructor's present at Gingerman for people who haven't been on the track before or don't feel comfortable going at it alone.
The primary reason for not booking Gingerman for the day is cost.

To book 7hrs (1 full day) on Thursday it's $3000 + $480 Ambulance + $1119 insurance (since "Driver's Ed" would be happening with driving instructors) so we would be looking at $4599 upfront and that's a tough cost for me to swallow without any guaranteed track sponsor or paid attendees.

If we got it and we had roughly the same amount of people sign up as in '08 (25 people) we would be looking at roughly $185 per driver.

Mark,

I can definitely understand not wanting to pay out that kind of money up front.

Back in '07, the TCCA had Gingerman for the day prior to the SZ Test & Tune time in the evening. Perhaps we could partner with them and split the costs and spots for each club. Yes, that would mean a potentially full track most of the day, but it could also mean lower cost to the drivers too.

Again, its just a thought. Trying to throw ideas out there while there is still time to act on them. :)

Going back to K-zoo, huh? Awesomeness.

I can't think of any reason I shouldn't be able to make it with at least one of my tours next year. Time to start looking for campgrounds.

curious where exactly is spring zing held.....what state?
im thinking of attending next year and just curious where you guys have the meet.

Is it just me, or is spring zing a lot more expensive than it was the past couple years? Are T-Shirts included in the cost? What exactly are we paying for?

Seriously, $45 and you're complaining... cripes.

Get a newspaper route or something, that should earn you enough to pay for it.

Seriously, $45 and you're complaining... cripes.

Get a newspaper route or something, that should earn you enough to pay for it.

all im asking is why its so much more expensive this year. not complaining one bit. i'd attend it regardless of how much it costs.

it's going to be more because you guys are chipping in for gas. after all i have to haul these with me for your viewing pleasure.

l_738949c5ba1f39207e1fa0e36e50faf8.jpg

Back