• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Skunkworks Autosport Tru Duals Interest check

Skunkworks Autosport Tru Duals Interest check

• $400-499

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • $500-599

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • $600-699

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • $700-799

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $800+ Pretty much money no object

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think with H&R's your going to have to worry as much about the pipes bottoming out under the gastank. The H&R rears do not lower the rear as much as say those running B&G or Eibach. The only issue you might have to worry about w/ an H&R setup is the something bottoming out in the front.

No clearance issues. They don't hang lower than the side skirt. I have Koni/GC's and its rather low with zero issues. If you have resonators they might touch once and a while depending on resonator size and such that you choose.

Alright I have priced everything out and this is what you would get.

An Aluminized 2" tru duals with flex pipes, all mandel bends, the pipes to connect to the exhuast manifolds/headers, Spintech or Thermal mufflers and choice of tips. It will show up and all you have to do is bolt it up to the manifolds, put on 2 exhuast clamps(or have it welded) and hang the exhuast.

You choice of tips
http://www.thermalrd.com/tips.htm
http://vibrantperformance.com/catal..._1056&osCsid=e36336ba09e520d17638fd78287c77cc

$650 plus shipping

If you want to add on parts heres the prices
Cats $180 for vibrant High flow ceramic cats
H pipe $100
Resonators depends on model wanted
Extra bungs $25 dollars per bung
Different mufflers? If you want Different mufflers remove $125 from the price then add the cost of the ones you want.
Full Stainless steel exhuast? I can get cost put its probably gonna be clost to double

are these louder then the trubenz with magnaflow. also would this be available in 2.5" or 3" piping? also without cats this wont pass emission inspection will it?

Why would you want a Dual 2.5 or even 3" for that matter? I mean if you want it and are going to pay the obvious price difference then i can make it. You would still have the precats unless you have gutted them or have headers.

Not sure on the volume of the trubenz kit sorry

This is awesome...so did you paint the pipes with a high temp black spray paint? Or is it powdercoated? If I can get the cash together, I would pay for this over a trubendz setup. If you get some time, take a video of the car idling and revving again, but this time put the camera to the side of the car, like around the gascap. The reason the exhaust sounded the way it did in the video is because the camera is right behind the car... I know mine sounded like that when I had the camera behind the car, then I moved it to the side and viola, it was a lot more accurate. Just some food for thought. This setup owns.

The paint was a high temp 1200 degree paint. If i'm over there when steeda makes another or starts to make a run of these i will bring my good video camera and we'll try to get clips from behind the car, near the gas cap, accelerating, etc.

Awesome, I think that if you get a clip of the exhaust from the side, people will be able to get a much better representation of what it actually sounds like. Will painting the exhaust help prevent corrosion? I have been wondering about this since I saw the group buy for the MSDS headers. That is the one thing that kinda killed it for me...I didn't have the cash to get the headers and then get them ceramic coated. I certainly don't wanna drop a lot of dough on something and have it rust away...since I live in Minnesota and this car is my DD. I am stoked about this you guys... Is this only going to be a limited group buy kind of item or will people still be able to get this maybe a little bit down the road? Just wondering...

It all depends on ability to source parts and mock up setups.

Yes every tru duals will come painted with 1200 degree ceramic and that should prevent corrosion.

Wow, the cost of these looks great. Is there a way you could get all the stuff together etc and instead of assembling it, just ship it to the person to help save on shipping costs? Or would the cost differnce not be worth it? Thanks for the offer to do this for people!

Well if i where to do that then you would have to bring it some where and have it all welded together. soo your looking at roughly $300+ plus of every quote i got on it.

I was thinking about shipping options today while driving. I think the kit would come to you in 5 or soo peices and would be clamped together. Would drop the cost of shipping a 9ft long exhuast

alright Lets start a list of who is interested for the price of $650+ shipping..

what about if we want an x pipe instead of an h pipe. also did you get o2 cheaters for your car since u dont have any cats.

Then i would have to find out how much it would cost to make a xpipe. Obviously its more work than none or a Hpipe.

Why would you need 02 cheaters? if you still have the precats that is all that matters

Hes said in here that you can add in a cat for a little extra.

You can buy 2 small cats for each bank

i would need an o2 cheater because there is still an o2 sensor after the y pipe hooked up to the main cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back