• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Skunkworks Autosport Tru Duals Interest check

Skunkworks Autosport Tru Duals Interest check

• $400-499

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • $500-599

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • $600-699

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • $700-799

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $800+ Pretty much money no object

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=11186

The link to the group buy

How much would you want to spend on a tru dual exhuast setup for the contour?

You would have a few options as far as mufflers,resonators, cats and tips, also options as far as 2" or 2.25" piping. This would be for under the gas tank as pictured. Obviously if you wanted a H pipe it would be more as well as certain other features. All the bends would be mandel not crush bends.

Could possibly work out something so that it bolts to the back of the Nautilus Performance down pipe for the turbo kit to make use of the 2 2" pipes.

Remember this is a true dual kit that will show up at your door that you can bolt on yourself. Not have to take it to a muffler shop. No other company is offering anything even in the same neighborhood as this.
Many CEG'rs have paid over $1200 for custom true duals. Obviously I should state that this would be for offroad use only, especially if you where to go without cats.

Off the top of my head these are the company's that i would deal with.
Spintech
Vibrant
Thermal
Magnaflow
Dynomax
Dr. Gas

Alright I have priced everything out and this is what you would get.

An Aluminized 2" tru duals with flex pipes, all mandel bends, the pipes to connect to the exhuast manifolds/headers, Spintech or Thermal mufflers and choice of tips. It will show up and all you have to do is bolt it up to the manifolds, put on 2 exhuast clamps(or have it welded) and hang the exhuast.

You choice of tips
http://www.thermalrd.com/tips.htm
http://vibrantperformance.com/catal..._1056&osCsid=e36336ba09e520d17638fd78287c77cc

$650 plus shipping

If you want to add on parts heres the prices
Cats $180 for vibrant High flow ceramic cats
H pipe $100
Resonators depends on model wanted
Extra bungs $25 dollars per bung
Different mufflers? If you want Different mufflers remove $125 from the price then add the cost of the ones you want.
Full Stainless steel exhuast? I can get cost put its probably gonna be cost to double

Attenion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disclaimer: This dual exhuast passes under the gas tank. Skunkworks Autosport and Myself are not liable for imporperly installed exhuast systems. There should be a heatsheild installed to minimize the amount of heat that is transfered to the gas tank area. Improperly installed exhuast systems can lead to melted gas tanks and a fire hazard. If Skunkworks Autosport feels that you do not have the mechanical apptitude to install this exhuast it will not be sold to you.

Pictures:
DSC01310.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

Video is of a 2" Tru dual with 2 18" magnaflow resonators and 2 spintech mufflers

Tru Duals with Magnaflow:

Last edited:
if you wanted a H pipe it would be more as well as certain other features.

Also H pipe is not necessary, and the dominant portion of duals do not have an H or X pipe

I like the idea but the video has some rasp/backfiring or something going on. Is this correctable or is this typical for true duals?

I like the idea but the video has some rasp/backfiring or something going on. Is this correctable or is this typical for true duals?

Mufflers where brand new. When you hear it fire thats the first time they where ever on.

My full magnaflow doesn't pop and isn't raspy at all but IMHO the spintechs are a deeper tone and smoother. In the video the exhuast ended around the gas tank and the mufflers where just slipped on so the popping could be cuased by air entering back into the system under deacceleration. I can take a video of the current setup if its not snowing tomorrow. There is a difference between the stock and Tru dual setup as far as seat of pants power goes. My SVT made 165hp and 144tq at the wheels and with 4 people in the car it felt faster than it ever did with 1 or 2 people in. IM trying to figure out a time to go get it dyno'd but not sure when it will be

I don't mind the popping but I'm not a fan of the rasp at all. I'm interested to hear what your full magnaflows sounds like :cool:

If these are cheap enough I just might need to get them. I need money :nonono:

i'm looking to get an aftermarket exhaust setup for my CSVT this summer. BUt i'm kind of clueless about this stuff. What exactly are the advantages of true duels as compared to say the truebendz cat-backs?

hp? tone?

As stated its not as raspy as the video points out. It was also brand new and not warmed up.

Advantages:
Tru duals will flow more air than the trubendz
More muffler options
It will be built on my car soo you know it is going to fit

Disadvantages:
It takes time to order the parts/build it(can't really make a jig when everyone wants diff stuff)
expensive shipping

Ill hear yours when you come up and see what its like. What are the gains we can expect from this over my bassani?
Also, would this be better for us 3L people cuz it will flow more air?

Well the fastest 3L to date have a very similar setup as mine. I didn't really notice a power difference with the bassani on my 2.5 but with this tru dual system seems like its more power. Again no dyno graphs to tell exactly how much of a increase

Just soo everyone knows a quoted labor price to build the exhuast was $300 that was not including piping, flex pipes, resonators mufflers or cats.

The people that are voting for under $500 probably wouldn't be getting one becuase just for parts alone your looking at about 300-400 dollars or more depending on what you want.

I would assume the lowest would be $600 plus shipping for true duals without resonators or x pipe with certain mufflers. The cost of labor wouldn't increase if other items added just the parts. I can get some of the companys i listed, like vibrant and thermal cheaper than most everyone on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back