• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*sigh* so long svt. hello focus....

Looks good! Never seen the contour around before though, it looked nice too! Congrats on the new buy, the factory ford lipkit 3dcarbon) looks sweet on those models

Ugh no. They squashed it with the facelift. Original 1st gen looked SO much better. As for this gen, the coupe is worlds better looking than the sedan.

I beg to differ...

Classy and understated...
SDC10458.jpg

Alien and pointy...
4f2de2df40463872007b7b114b790b95.jpg

BTW, those are both the most optioned out sedans you could get of either generation.

I definitely like the original 1st gen better. Much more of a European look. The "facelifted" one has a decidedly Japanese look to it...especially the interior.

Wannabe, it's obvious you'd say the 2nd gen looks better...you own it. That was a given before you reiterated your opinion with pictures. :laugh:

Wannabe, it's obvious you'd say the 2nd gen looks better...you own it. That was a given before you reiterated your opinion with pictures. :laugh:

Prove it! :p

But let's look at it this way.... There's a reason I bought the 1.5 gen over the 1st gen... See? See what I did there?

First-gen Focus' are CLEARLY the superior design. When I see one, it definitively says "Focus" to me. When I see an 05-08 model, it looks like a baby Ford Five Hundred with its chintzy grille and blunt headlight treatment. 05-08 were dark days all around in the Ford design department, not just for the Focus.

I also really dislike the new models, but the one posted here looks much better than most. I've seen examples of every generation that have really transcended the rest of the pack; the new loaded SES coupes do that.

First-gen Focus' are CLEARLY the superior design. When I see one, it definitively says "Focus" to me. When I see an 05-08 model, it looks like a baby Ford Five Hundred with its chintzy grille and blunt headlight treatment. 05-08 were dark days all around in the Ford design department, not just for the Focus.

I also really dislike the new models, but the one posted here looks much better than most. I've seen examples of every generation that have really transcended the rest of the pack; the new loaded SES coupes do that.

yeah that styling is whack. Not.

L-Ford-Mondeo-ST220.jpg

Back