• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Couple of quick silly questions.

JoeM

Veteran CEG'er
Didn't find anything immediately by searching thus a quick post...

Doing my 3L build sooo
Question 1...
My 04 motor, came with a plate, blocking off the breather port between the heads. my old motor has the breather block, that bolts into the block on that spot... but doesnt come out without removing a head... The question is... do i HAVE to have this. If so, how i do i get it setup WITHOUT pulling the head to remove the old one, and to install it on the new motor. Let me know if you need a picture of the part im talking about... Ill hijack wombats pic... :D

Question 2... Since i am running a full 3L (heads,intakes, cams) Do i need to change the outside sprocket on the Crank or can i leave the one on the motor, that came with the motor.

That's it. I think I've got everything else figured out.

I decided to say screw it and im hijacking wombats pic and using a picture of mine.

1st pic is breather box in the middle... if you can get past the crazy lookin dude in the pic :laugh:
2nd pic is of the sprocket im talking about. youll see it on the crank...

IMG00109.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

Its a great picture...what can I say. haha

I figured itd save me the time of having to wait till i get home to show everyone what i was talkin about..

you and i are about the same spot...

My Timing cover is ready to go on the new motor, then the accessories and everything else.
Just needed to check on these 2 things. :shrug:

If you are doing a Full 3L you do NOT need that 'box' in the middle.

That sprocket can be reused, but make sure it is oriented correctly. Search 'pulse wheel' for tons of information.

Back