• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I keep what I have or "upgrade"?

Smart decision. It's always a good idea to take your time when putting together a new audio system. Unless you're like me and buy all kinds of equiptment just to sample lol.

No have not gotten any new stuff yet.. Hopefully will soon i will just piece it together as i go. So how about box building? I guess i could use a few good tips/tricks. And as for trunk space i could careless about it.

Learn by doing worked the best for me.
Buy a sheet of MDF - some 1-3/4 or 2" drywall screws, some wood glue - glue every joint. Hopefully you have a circular saw or a table saw - I use a circular saw against a straight edge to make sure my cuts are straight.
Easiest boxes are sealed with all 90 degree joints for obvious reasons. Ports always complicate things some, but not terribly, and angled faces can add some difficulty too.
I still haven't figured out carpeting -- my ends are always a mess. In theory it's real easy to do but I guess I'm just too dumb to get it right. There's a real nice step by step on youtube.

Back