• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I keep what I have or "upgrade"?

I really want the powered door speakers now that I have heard the feedback on it. I havn't pulled the trigger yet because of other projects. I put the pioneer speakers in the black svt, so it might all stay as it is for now.

I'm not going to get too into it. He's just another high school kid saying what is cool in his mind. Not realizing that 97% of us have moved on from that stage and now just look back and laugh.

First of all, why do you have such huge wiring for a small amp(s)? You could easily pass with around 10 gauge for that small. I have 4g running to my 4k watt amp and thats plenty of wiring for that even.

I am getting larger amps i just wont afford it right now.

I'm not going to get too into it. He's just another high school kid saying what is cool in his mind. Not realizing that 97% of us have moved on from that stage and now just look back and laugh.

LMAO you don't even know i am home schooled first off and i couldn't care what other people think i think its cool i like it so i got it.

lmao-real.jpg
< at everything you just said. #1, you grossly overpaid. And #2, for your birthday, don't you want to get your underbody lighting kit first? I mean, isn't that more important?
Well when you refer to your Contour SE as "Silver rocket" I guess that means the bar is set pretty low. Please post pics of the system, I haven't had a good laugh lately.

I have underbody lighting i just need to install it. And i did not over pay. And my user name doesn't even need to be any about my car. So should i guess that your vehicle what ever it may be is a "poon"

LMAO you don't even know i am home schooled first off and i couldn't care what other people think i think its cool i like it so i got it.

ummm, I don't care how your schooled, the main point of my reference was reflecting age and therefore lack of audio knowledge (your 17 dude). So unless your behind in your home schooling, you should be at a "highschool" level. The rest of your post just backs up mine that your just subjectively posting what you think is cool. Other than that your just digging yourself in an ignorant hole with every additional post you make. Oh, and try googling "carpepoon" and you'll see what it means.
By the way, what amps are you currently running?

If I paid $1k for a system, I would certainly know what I bought.

But if he thinks a 8k mono amp is a brand of an amp, do you honestly think he knows a bit of what he is talking about?

Also, hes not getting this "1.3k system" till he graduates.

I know what i have i just don't know the specifications all of it. That's why i had the guy i know to get all this stuff. The amps are duals i will go take pictures really soon and post within the hour. And i figure when i have had the use of the system i could always sell every thing.

Ahh, so you have Dual amps So your really putting 100w to your speakers, not 580w But you said your using one for your speakers and one for your subs, so your speakers are getting 75w a piece if your using your 2 chanel amp for 4 speakers wired @ 2ohms. Peak wattage is a pointless marketing gimmic that you fell for, You need to look at the RMS wattage.
Also your amps are about $90 a piece, Your subs, assuming you have the "top of the line" SD12's are $45 each, The DS line 12's are $20-30 a piece. So, do the math and you'll quickly realize why I said you grossly overpaid.

Ahh, so you have Dual amps So your really putting 100w to your speakers, not 580w But you said your using one for your speakers and one for your subs, so your speakers are getting 75w a piece if your using your 2 chanel amp for 4 speakers wired @ 2ohms. Peak wattage is a pointless marketing gimmic that you fell for, You need to look at the RMS wattage.
Also your amps are about $90 a piece, Your subs, assuming you have the "top of the line" SD12's are $45 each, The DS line 12's are $20-30 a piece. So, do the math and you'll quickly realize why I said you grossly overpaid.

But it really does not matter how much there worth its how much you can sell them for. And i did not get the speakers for wattage i got them cause kenwood is a great speaker. And there some of the few 5x7/6x8 i could find.
And why are you so provoked to prove that i am 17year old dumb ass? Every one already probably knows this and you should leave the way i want to spend MY money on MY vehicle ALONE. Yes i might be a dumb ass but there's no real reason you should go and make it seem like i am such a f*** head cause i over paid or i am running 4ga or replaced my speaker wiring? How do you know that i will not go comp after a while? Or maybe i will make this car a show car? there's NO reason for you to be cutting me down.

Back