• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sean's CSVT #5906 Build Thread !

The 99-04 version. You need a dremel as well, as you need to modify the back of the mounting ring so if you don't have one go buy it if you buy the door, just a warning/tip now lol.

Getting ready this weekend to pull the rest of my interior out and start to finish it all as I hope to have my interior MOSTLY done by the end of this month.

my friends work out of TAG Racecraft in Oakville (www.tagracecraft.com) and the owner, Mel, will most likely be doing the design. Thats a little ways away though, as my car wont be out for a bit and once it does, it wont go in the shop possibly until winter time if i get it out this season.

Little update, FINALLY got my bullit fuel door installed, and i used my own method for installation. Heres a few pics, I know they arent the greatest but the car is in the garage so I dont have much room lol..

100_0449.jpg

100_0447.jpg

Has to be one of the best fuel doors i've seen...nice and clean!

Don't you guys have grinders with cutoff wheels or do you all really use dremels for these tasks? :crazy: There was a guy that claimed he used a dremel to port his heads and it took him something like 10-12 hours :nonono:.

Fuel door looks good :cool:

:laugh:

Don't you guys have grinders with cutoff wheels or do you all really use dremels for these tasks? :crazy: There was a guy that claimed he used a dremel to port his heads and it took him something like 10-12 hours :nonono:.

Fuel door looks good :cool:

:laugh:

Thanks! I used a dremel because I only had access to that at my dads place, and I dont have many power tools anyways. It only took 5 minutes to grind the tabs down, so it wasnt too bad, but I wouldnt even dare try porting heads hahaha thats insane.

I know the pics dont really show the "full effect" since i cant get a full side shot or anything but its literally the best i could do for now anyways...i still need rims/tires after the deal with coltsvt fell through before I can move the car in and out of my moms garage. Ill take some better photos then :)...but let me say, I cant wait for it to be back on the road! Nice weather is just going to be depressing when my SVT is sitting in the garage lol

Don't you guys have grinders with cutoff wheels or do you all really use dremels for these tasks? :crazy: There was a guy that claimed he used a dremel to port his heads and it took him something like 10-12 hours :nonono

Yeah, because i love killing flies with sledge hammers. lol Dremel is for slow fine work that you don't want to mess up. And I'm crazy, not stupid so I'd never dream of using it for porting. lol

Plus, this black door I bought had much smaller tabs to grind down. I compared it to my dads OEM bullitt door which had much bigger tabs/area that had to be removed. This door has just 2 round cylinder type things smaller than a penny and were only like half a cm high maybe. Didn't taek much to remove em and the dremel with a diamond cut bit or whatever worked nicely.

Stay tuned for more pics this weekend of progress on stuff :).

I forgot to add, I checked my fuel door and forgot to mention that the fonger opening on it is in the stock door location. So basically where the stock finger opening was, is where it is on the bullit door :)

Update: got my interior out, minus the dash/wheel! Vaccuum'd, and ready for black carpeting and panels. The dash will be taken care of last, and I plan on swapping to a Cougar wheel.

100_0515.jpg

100_0512.jpg

100_0509.jpg

Update - March 9th, 2011.

Got my door panels off and apart, now to work on them :)

100_0525.jpg

And finally got the time to go and dye my carpet (Its March in Canada, ....snow, cold, yeah.)

100_0527.jpg

100_0528.jpg

I know the flash made it look dark grey but the carpet is black. I may go over it again just to be sure its the darkest it can go but Im 99% sure it is. Looks 100x better this way!! And yes, i know I got dye on the passenger side trim. But its going black anyways, so not a big deal. The screws didnt want to come out so I left it on lol.

More to come sooooon :)

Yeah it is, an aerosol can. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I used 2 cans for the entire carpet (1 can pretty much covereed half of it)

I love the new carpet. It's my opinion, but while you got it all apart like that, I would tuck that power wire. That's just my .02.

I love the new carpet. It's my opinion, but while you got it all apart like that, I would tuck that power wire. That's just my .02.

Thanks! The power wire will be tucked back under the trim panel. I just dyed it black today so once its dry fully then I'll be able to reinstall the pieces :).

Hope you'll be able to get that dye over spray off of your trim panels along the doors. I'm surprised you didn't take them out since you took everything else out. However other then that it looks great.

Hope you'll be able to get that dye over spray off of your trim panels along the doors. I'm surprised you didn't take them out since you took everything else out. However other then that it looks great.

The screws for than panel were not budging so I didn't want to strip them. Since those panels will be black anyways I didn't mind the overspray on them...my whole interior is going to be black, no more MNB. :)

I have my headliner left, my doorpanels and a couple little trim pieces and I can put everything back. That will leave only the dash rear seats and steering wheel, which I'm swapping out to a black Cougar wheel for now and my dash will be taken care of last.

My rear seats I think ill need to get re-wrapped as I really don't want to risk dying leather

That makes sense. Make sure to do proper paint prep on those panels though... I tried to take some short cuts on my Camaro's interior the first time I swapped it over to black (was a ugly maroon color originally) . The paint started chipping off the trim panels along the floor, the same ones you left in the car basically. Those are the ones that get hit alot with peoples feet... so make sure to take your time on them. It may be difficult with them still being in the car. Just FYI. Can't wait to see the finished product. A true black interior on an SVT would look sweet. Good luck with the seats. I'm interested to see how those turn out as well if you get them rewrapped.

Thanks! Yeah I prepped the panels very good. Everything is coming along nicely, although the headliner was a real PITA to dye black as it didn't want to hold the dye (took like 4 cans worth) !

I have a few more little things to do today and then I can possibly start on the dash, and hopefully Saturday I can get ny interior all in (minus the rear seats and doorpanels)

Back