• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rwd contour svt

I dont believe anyone has yet to make the contour a rwd car yet..IMO.Alot of work and alot of fab work.Just buy a rwd vehicle.IMO.

Ive got a RWD contour svt powered by an eaton charged big block chevy using a mustang rear end and a 9" ford. whats the problem here?

please search ....

fyi, I don't know how it turned out but I do remember seeing some mondeo pics where the guy had stripped the car down and was starting to make it rwd ....

^^ he put a land rover V8 IIRC and it was RWD. i saw a video of him starting it up and running. no more development that i know of.

http://www.ford-v8-focus.com/images/productsnew1.html
i want to put a 4.0 sohc v6 in my contour
does anyone have any idea if the kit they have will work in the contour?
i know ford made a focus concept with 2.5 svt engine
wonder if this v8 swap kit will somehow work on my contour.....

hell yes its possible, well boy I remember the odder day when ma buddy put a dang ol ferrari engine in his civic and boy I tell you dem make da car go fast. YOu unscrew the old engine, and screw in the new engine its so easy.

Must see with own Eyes to believe, I'm sure I speak for MANY other as well...untill then LOL! :laugh:

If you can put a DOHC Wankel turbo-supercharged V7 in a Geo Metro...then you can put a RWD V8 in a contour...if it was easily done, it would have been done already and there would be a how-to for it.

give me a year

give me a year

give me a year ill write up a how to article for ya
mustangs are like butt holes
everybodys got one

fwds are not fun there dangerous
rwd contour=fun and safe

im gonna make er fit

i might have to get me a lift kit so the oil pan dont drag the ground...

you guys are just like the guys on rangerpowersports.com
every one said a 4.6 wont fit in a ranger 2 guys did it one in a 99
and one in a 85 open mouth insert foot

The point is you are like the 1848234th person that said they are going to do it, tried to get into the project and when they realized what they were up against, backed out. So hey, go ahead and do it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

LOL is what i have to say here........ good luck, if you do make it work, you'll surely launch it once and then your doors wont close......and it will be 3ft off the ground and look stupid too. good luck!

I have a 302 small block sitting here in my garage.Im thinking Contour+302=Countless hours of customizing.And it probally still wont work out.

I can't help, but to think how cool it would be to drop the 03 cobra motor in and make it RWD. I went to SEMA a few years back I saw a red Focus w/ this conversation and it was neat.
As far as installing it in a Tour anything is possible and if you have the time, brains, and money you could do it. There would be a lot of fabrication and of course a fuel cell to pull it off among many other things.
Please correct me if I’m wrong here, but I was under the impression that one of the main reasons it works on the focus is of the bigger transmission tunnel.

O yeah let us know what you find out.

you guys are just like the guys on rangerpowersports.com
every one said a 4.6 wont fit in a ranger 2 guys did it one in a 99
and one in a 85 open mouth insert foot

You're talking about dropping in a motor that will fit in the engine bay, and connecting it to a pre-existing RWD rear end. This requires a bit of fabrication, but nothing even CLOSE to trying to shove a solid rear axle back where there is / was none.

Back