• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

running rich anyway to fix it??

I keep reading clean the UIM/LIM I know what it stands for but how do I clean them or should I, 100000 miles dont know if they have ever been cleaned, but my gas mileage is not good albeit all city about 17mpg. Ant who how do I clean these puppies

I know you've searched already, right? So, I'll help you out.

you have an SVT.. which is a DURATEC engine, right?

and cleaning them isn't troubleshooting, so its probably MAINTENANCE.

and if you wanted to do this maintenance, there is probably a thread you should READ FIRST, in order to know HOW-TO do it, right?

ps.. follow the capital words.

Pss.. i know you didn't search, so since I helped you first, you owe me one.. pay me back by searching on your next question, m'kayyyy?

But I diiiiiidddd search, I put in how to clean the UIM/LIM and I got lots of post and I read most of them but it was just ppl sayin they cleaned them already or they need to, thats how I got to that thread not by going into that particular category, Im tryin my best to avoid a good scolding

And regarding the rich running discussion, its a long held Ford tradition to run filthy at startup, and then lean out under closed loop. For this reason, the state emissions inspections that actually test the car at speed under relatively normal operating conditions (not just sitting there idling) work to the advantage of Ford vehicles. Ford makes some of the best engine control computing technology in the industry -- just ask Gary Morrell (some may remember him from shotimes.com). Chances are that your mixture is running about where it should be. A brief electronic diagnosis can always verify this.

hehe... okay..

If you are serious about wanting to learn to search efficiently, go to the general forum and read the "welcome to ceg - new users read this" thread; it outlines proper searching, and LOCATIONS to search that you may not know about.

then, you will find your How-To under the Duratec Maintenance forum, under the "read-first" thread, scroll down to UIM and follow from there..

Argh.. again with the old comments..

Why does everyone think I am an old-fart?

Ray, you do have a stern "father like" approuch. And I must say your writing skills and knowledge of many of the topics on this forum are, for lack of a better term (unlike most of us here) "mature". :laugh:

Back