• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rode the thumper today

Sighted: one BMF

Sighted: one BMF

I thought of you when I left work this morning at 6 am. I was waiting at a light to pull out and some guy on a Harley Sportster rode by. :shocked: It was like 2° out! (Ok, not really but it was f'n cold.)
Anyway I was thinking this guy's a real BMF for riding in the cold like that - he really wasn't bundled up that much.
Then came the kicker - HE HOPPED ON THE PA TURNPIKE! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
That's a bad dude!

Thanks for the vote of confidence , John :eek: . Although you may want to reserve that thought till after you see my soon-to-be "beater" (rat rod style ) 122 Volvo , LOL :D !!

I do have some thoughts about doing a custom (i.e. built by ME) cafe racer bike someday .

I'm thinking a cafe racer based on something like an old Yamaha Special would be cool as fur . Get rid of all badging , clip-on bars , rear sets , solo seat , wire wheels - stuff like that . With the side-by-side twin , it'd look just like an old British cafe bike ... but it'd be reliable as a stone :cool: !

Back