• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rode the thumper today

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
Took the motorbike to work today - seemed like a good idea ... till I got a few miles from home & almost froze my clutch handle off :troutslap: ! Good thing it was around 55 after work . Put it into winter storage after work :( . C'Mon spring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't that cold. ;)
You need some heated gear for those "freeze your clutch handle off" days. :D

It wasn't that cold ?!?! What are ya , NUTS :crazy: ?!?! It was like 30 degrees or less yesterday morning ! Ya know how cold that feels at 60mph on a bike ? Well I don't know an exact temp either , but it's pretty cold (brrrrrr) . Someone told me how to calculate it , but I forgot :eek: - probably about 20 degrees colder , IIRC .
Heated gear ? Where do I plug that in ?? It's nearly a 30 year-old bike w/no plug :( .

Seriously , it wasn't that cold , I guess . I've ridden in colder weather ... just not in a couple years . Guess I'm even more of a soft-shelled crab :eek: . I had my heavy bike coat on , but can't find my cold weather gloves & just wore my jeans (my neck was a bit cold too) . Guess I forgot what it feels like ;) . Won't have to worry about that till spring :) . Felt good to be riding , actually .

Wire yourself up a plug and then you can ride more often. They even have heated chaps. :cool:

It was cold, I'll give you that. ;)

Wire yourself up a plug and then you can ride more often. They even have heated chaps. :cool:

It was cold, I'll give you that. ;)

Yeah, just make sure you put a fuse in there somewhere. :crazy:

It's supposed to be like 60something° tomorrow. Don't be a pansy, ride in winter! :eek:

Nah , not gonna ride this one through winter . To be honest , it's too nice & has survived this long (carrying only 9,000 miles) without being f'ed up - I don't wanna start . It's parked next to another friend's SR500 (with only 536 miles on it :shocked: ) in a heated garage with his 10 other bikes , his Cobra (replica) and their (dirt) midget racecars :cool: . It'll be well looked after . Even though it usually starts 1st or 2nd kick , I wouldn't mind having an electric start bike again , I'll tell ya that ;) !

Nice! What other bikes does he have? Hopefully I'll be able to get a bike in '07, depending on how everything else goes with work, college and race car. :shrug:

i soooo want a sport bike even if its old and small. i love riding dirt bike and cant wait to get on the stree.

but those darn car payments and school are killing me.

Sounds like your friend has some pretty cool bikes.

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to f' up the bike.

Those old bimmers sound interesting, lets hear more!

Just a tidbit :
Bimmers = BMW cars
Beamers = BMW bikes
Just in case someone asks you in the future ;) ...

I'll try to find out more about his bikes & whatnot . Maybe in spring I'll try to get some piccys of his bikes - and his Cobra . I have some pics of their racecars , just gotta upload 'em :rolleyes: .

Just a tidbit :
Bimmers = BMW cars
Beamers = BMW bikes
Just in case someone asks you in the future ;) ...

I'll try to find out more about his bikes & whatnot . Maybe in spring I'll try to get some piccys of his bikes - and his Cobra . I have some pics of their racecars , just gotta upload 'em :rolleyes: .

They're ALL bimmers. :p ;)

Blah blah blah. You saying I'm not a real BMW enthusiast just because I want to stick a Ford V6 in mine? :shrug: :laugh:

Back