• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Return Of The Nyceboi Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert either when it comes to painting or clear coating anything. I was looking online for a away to avoid having to polish and maintain polished aluminum and the only solution I found was to clear coat it.

Maybe someone with experience in the area could chime in.

I've shipped off 9 of the emblems, I'm waiting for 2 of the payments to clear and they'll be in the mail ASAP.

I would say just clear coat it. I did that on my rim's aluminum lip and it's still kicks ass not having to polish them every other day.

Soooo, to reinterate: just make sure it's clean and dustfree before you spray it. No real prep cause it's metal.

So what brand is everyone using for the clear, and where are you buying it?

I used a clear lacquer spray finish made for metals, woods, and plastics and it gave it a dimpled almost brushed finish. I can post a pic later on today when my car cover dries from Hanna.

Here is a close up. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I kind of like this finish rather than all chromed.

Attachments

• DSCN4492.jpg
    DSCN4492.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
nyceboi....has mine shipped yet? Don't know what took so long for my payment to clear since my paypal is direct w/draw from my checking. My bank is a joke. Anyway, let me know.

Wow!!! THAT FINISH IS AWESOME!!! Makes it look like it was just one piece.

Everything has shipped, please PM me if you haven't recieved it. teamSVTour let me know if you don't get it the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back