• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rescue mission!

Status
Not open for further replies.
feeling your pain my man
feeling your pain
at least you have it back running though that's a plus

Best part about having it back is it took only $43 to fill it up! wooohoooo :cool:

I don't know man.

It looks like it was hit by maybe a steel/metal fender of a riding lawnmower, and they do have a big old articulating riding lawnmower at his house......

I feel like crap inviting you guys down here for the events and then this happens. You think fellow ceg'er would have been mOre caring.

I feel like crap inviting you guys down here for the events and then this happens. You think fellow ceg'er would have been mOre caring.

Well, its not your fault - but I know that I won't be taking the trailer that far again ever and probably won't leave the car anywhere, anytime, without me there, ever.

If I had to watch eggy, I'd give him my only garage spot!

Thanks bud, honestly that's what I would do too.

can't believe you haven't had any kind of explaination .....G.

Just sad.
Understand being upset, but didn't they store your car for several months and get it back in drivable condition for you. It sucks, but what if he hadn't offered - you have it towed back to WI - thats some big bucks right there.

Um 2k in damage? How about take it to a shop. They could do a trans clutch swap for A fraction of that. Im sure he paid the ceger for his labor... Completely disrespectful of someone elses property. To not own up to it or even apologise is cowardly.

Um 2k in damage? How about take it to a shop. They could do a trans clutch swap for A fraction of that. Im sure he paid the ceger for his labor... Completely disrespectful of someone elses property. To not own up to it or even apologise is cowardly.

Not saying I'd be happy or that it worked out cheaper - just you have to keep things in perspective. Someone offered to do him a favor and that shouldn't be forgotten - its a nice gesture. It didn't work out, that sucks but thats life too. He could have taken it to a shop and they left if on the street for all this time. He could have paid top dollar to have it stored inside. I'm sure the guy didn't offer thinking he was going to make a chunk of change and beat up on the car. This should be between the 2 of them, no need for the rest of the forum folks to pile on.

The work he did he was thanked 100x over for and paid cash for the work he did. I didnt just leave the car behind, he praised up and down that he would take it, fix it, and even offered to drive the car back to my house by the next week if i got him a plane ticket to fly him back home!

Everything went to ••••, 3 months go by with almost NO contact and NOTHING worked on. Trailer was damaged, car was hit, hood dented, and im just supposed to eat that?

All his promises were the only reason i left the car there. It ran and drove, my first choice was to drive the car home.

You dont have all the details.

The work he did is great. I guess that was hard to see in my previous post. There is no excuse for the damage. I should/could be writing out a police report for hit and run damages and making a claim against the property owner for the repairs. Im pretty sure i am giving all the slack this situation and he deserves for now.

Exactly my point - all the others chiming in don't either. CEG has a policy that this crap is handled between the members involved.

The facts are someone made an offer they couldn't back up, you made a bad choice leaving it with him (hindsight right). Not saying you should have known, that you deserved it or anything like that, thats just how life is.

In the end, you do eat that - sorry - if you're not prepared to you should only deal with official businesses with insurance and such.

I had a member burn holes in my unibody installing my subframe connectors - was I pissed - yep, but what can you do - its an individual offering to do you a favour - you say thanks, learn your lesson and move on.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

All i did was update the thread with some facts. And i already know this is a live and learn situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back