• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hello summer

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
hey my peeps:). i havnt posted pix of this car in a while. nuthn much more has been done to it since the last time u saw it. which was when i posted some pix at the car show last year. its been sitting for a while. so i decided to take care of some little things b4 i deem her ready for the vegas summer nights. thats the only time i plan on driving it. too friggn hot during the day:mad:. there are a lotta pix, so bare with me.

did an upper and lower manifold rebuild. here she is torn down

svtspringcleaning003.jpg

retaped the main wiring harness as the old one was cracking everywhere

svtspringcleaning012.jpg

dirty upper

svtspringcleaning010.jpg

filthy tb

svtspringcleaning008.jpg

after some elbow grease

svtspringcleaning013.jpg

decided to get a new IAC unit while i was at it

svtspringcleaning015.jpg

new tp sensor and newly optimized mustang tb by none other than harry himself:cool:

svtspringcleaning018.jpg

i also retaped the svt logo on the headrests. one of them was starting to peel off.

shoot002.jpg

picked up a ford oval insert at the junkyard

shoot013.jpg

i only posted this one cuz i thought it was cool

shoot021.jpg

pls hold on:). only a few left.

here are the nighttime pix. gotta give a shoutout to teamSVTour. got the PIAAs and bulbs from him. thanx man.(told u i'd give u props;)). i luv em. he sent 2 sets of bulbs with them. a yellow and white set. i still have the whites in my garage. decided to go with the yellow pair first. what do u think? i like em.

shoot022.jpg

shoot026.jpg

shoot025.jpg

shoot028.jpg

shoot031.jpg

shoot029.jpg

in short, she's all back together and ready to paint the town silver frost:cool:

and...

BAD SVT said:
LET THERE BE LIGHT!

And there was light.:laugh:
They look really good. At first I was thinking youre crazy for running a stock SVT TB with your sig and that setup. Then I saw the next post! How much did the IAC set you back?

I want some more videos!

and...

And there was light.:laugh:
They look really good. At first I was thinking youre crazy for running a stock SVT TB with your sig and that setup. Then I saw the next post! How much did the IAC set you back?

I want some more videos!

lol. thanx:). actually, i've been running that setup with the stock tb up until harry convinced me to go bigger. i got the IAC from bill jenkins here in vegas. $106 total.

here are the nighttime pix. gotta give a shoutout to teamSVTour. got the PIAAs and bulbs from him. thanx man.(told u i'd give u props;)). i luv em. he sent 2 sets of bulbs with them. a yellow and white set. i still have the whites in my garage. decided to go with the yellow pair first. what do u think? i like em.

shoot022.jpg

looking good my man :cool:. Told ya you would love those PIAA's. I'm glad you have them fired up and are enjoying them. The Ion Fog's look awesome. I always loved the contrast between those and the HID lowbeams. Very IS300-ish. Do you have HID's in the lows?

Hey gotta question....are those bulbs H3? I forget what the 510's run. If so...any chance you would want to sell the white ones back to me on the cheap :laugh:? I have a project I am working on and I need some good H3's. If you want to keep em' no problem...just figured I'd ask :)

Hey BADSVT
I am currently doing a engine wiring harness replacement due to cracking wire. Did you use any chemical to clean the UIM and LIM??? Mine is dirty and i have it all apart right now so would like to do a good cleaning. Can i spray a cleaner right into the LIM??

Very nice car man! I don't even own a Contour anymore and I still hate (envy) you for having those headlights. :laugh:

Hey BADSVT
I am currently doing a engine wiring harness replacement due to cracking wire. Did you use any chemical to clean the UIM and LIM??? Mine is dirty and i have it all apart right now so would like to do a good cleaning. Can i spray a cleaner right into the LIM??

yeah, i used berryman liquid carb cleaner. they're sold in spray cans and open bottles at walmart or autozone. i suggest the spray cans. more blasting force. u're gonna need about 3-5 of them. maybe even more, depending on how extensive ur cleaning will be. and yes u can spray it right into the lim, LONG AS THE LIM IS NOT ON THE CAR! u'd have to pull the lim off to use the cleaner. if u wanna clean the lim with it on the car, then seafoam is what u need. problem is u'll have to put the uim back on and follow the how-to in the maintenance forum.

Very nice car man! I don't even own a Contour anymore and I still hate (envy) you for having those headlights. :laugh:

:laugh: thanx pen. i luv them as well. it feels awesome to tell ppl when they ask about them, that its the only one that exists in north america:cool:

Do you have HID's in the lows?
Hey gotta question....are those bulbs H3? I forget what the 510's run. If so...any chance you would want to sell the white ones back to me on the cheap :laugh:? I have a project I am working on and I need some good H3's. If you want to keep em' no problem...just figured I'd ask :)

no i dont have HIDs in the low beam. i was thinking about doing it, but i'd have to break the morettes apart to install one. didnt wanna do that. as for the bulbs in the fogs, i'll go check n see what they are. aw man! i havnt even seen what the white ones look like on the car:(

no i dont have HIDs in the low beam. i was thinking about doing it, but i'd have to break the morettes apart to install one. didnt wanna do that. as for the bulbs in the fogs, i'll go check n see what they are. aw man! i havnt even seen what the white ones look like on the car:(

I'll save you the hassle...they are white :laugh:. Those 510's came with white but I preferred the Ion Fog in the fog light location which is why I had them in there. The bright yellow was just :drool:. I still have yellow fogs but I am running the Hella 90mm projector fogs.

I plan on using a white set of H3 for a driving light so I need something white for that application. Anyway its cool if you want to keep them...just figured I'd ask to save them from getting lost or sitting collecting dust somewhere in the garage :laugh:

I'll save you the hassle...they are white :laugh:. Those 510's came with white but I preferred the Ion Fog in the fog light location which is why I had them in there. The bright yellow was just :drool:. I still have yellow fogs but I am running the Hella 90mm projector fogs.

I plan on using a white set of H3 for a driving light so I need something white for that application. Anyway its cool if you want to keep them...just figured I'd ask to save them from getting lost or sitting collecting dust somewhere in the garage :laugh:

thanx for ur concern;). they won't get lost nor sit in the garage, i promise u that. i'll replace them with the whites for the winter. its ok. the coldest it gets here is low 30s. if u really need them back urgently for this project of urs, then i'll concede to selling them back to u. but if not, let em be gosh darn it.:laugh:

thanx for ur concern;). they won't get lost nor sit in the garage, i promise u that. i'll replace them with the whites for the winter. its ok. the coldest it gets here is low 30s. if u really need them back urgently for this project of urs, then i'll concede to selling them back to u. but if not, let em be gosh darn it.:laugh:

LOL

Ahhh you keep em :bah::laugh:.....as long as you promise to use them in the winter ;)

I just just just just just just just..... um forgot what I was going to say :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Back