• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Redlinetuning.com hood struts IC and GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I went to install mine today on my CF cowl hood and they would not work with my cowl hood. They buckled the hood because the design of the hood is different than the stock one. The struts rested on the fender and the hood was off.
Just letting you guys know.
Overall, everything else worked awesome. I still like them, just going to put on another car :)

Hey guys,
I went to install mine today on my CF cowl hood and they would not work with my cowl hood. They buckled the hood because the design of the hood is different than the stock one. The struts rested on the fender and the hood was off.
Just letting you guys know.
Overall, everything else worked awesome. I still like them, just going to put on another car :)

I had to wrestle with my CF EVO to get it satisfactory. I think mine also rests a bit on the fender. There is a slight gap between the edge of the hood and the fender. But from what I have seen/heard that's common with the CF setup

Anyone else who's installed have issues with the screws for the brackets on the fenders? The rivetted brackets on the hood went on easy as pie, but I had issues with the screws on the fender brackets - the screws are a hair larger than the holes on the brackets. Anyone else run into that?

I stopped the install, and I think I'll pick up some bolts and nuts rather than try to make the screws work.

Other than that (maybe related to mine being a Plus model, with powder coated brackets, so possible the coating fills the holes?) these are a quality product. Certainly look sturdy and well put together.

Edit - Added after install - Used stainless steel machine screws and nuts rather than the screws supplied. The retainer clips on the lower ball joints at the fender were a royal PITA, I don't know how you guys did the whole install in twenty minutes or a half hour. Took me that long to get the clips back on. They are great once installed, hood sits higher when opened, and there's no prop rod in the way.

Last edited:
Your welcome and thanks to Andreas at redlinetuning for giving us such a great price!

Sweet! I should be getting/installing mine today too. Thanks for putting this GB on!

+1
received & installed today, nice product very glad I did it

svttour thanks again you did a great job on this GB
2-1/2 weeks from your first post until receiving at my door. Has to be a record

Got mine today. The SS is :drool:

I just put my low-force Elites on just now, and it was super easy!

I'm not sure if the cowl CF hood is different than the Evo CF hood, but I have no ill-effects at all. No bulge, no clearance problems. I definitely like the look of the hood up higher, a hood prop always makes me think it's broken down, rather than just cooling off the engine :cool:

I just put my low-force Elites on just now, and it was super easy!

I'm not sure if the cowl CF hood is different than the Evo CF hood, but I have no ill-effects at all. No bulge, no clearance problems. I definitely like the look of the hood up higher, a hood prop always makes me think it's broken down, rather than just cooling off the engine :cool:

can you post some pics of it closed and especially from the side where the side of the hood meets the fender?
I know i had a small gap there as the hood was lifted slightly above flush with the fender. You could see the hood strut through the gap if you looked for it.

can you post some pics of it closed and especially from the side where the side of the hood meets the fender?
I know i had a small gap there as the hood was lifted slightly above flush with the fender. You could see the hood strut through the gap if you looked for it.

Mine always had that without the struts installed. The cowl CF hood never was perfectly sized. It has a 1/4"-1/2" gap on each side and sits just a little high above the fender.It is also about 1/4" short over the headlights. I kinda like seeing the SS struts in that gap :crazy:

Not perfect, but I still like it :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back