• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Redlinetuning.com hood struts IC and GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

svttour

Rico Suave
I emailed Redline tuning about a group buy for their hood struts. I got a response from Andreas Keller with good news. Basically what his email stated is that if we get a certain amount of people interested in the group buy they will make a link that we go to and purchase with the discounted price already pre set. Once we get the group buy going we will only have 2 weeks to purchase from these links. Once that time period is over the group buy will be complete. Here are the discounts as follows:

QTY 1-9 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $69.95 (no discount)
QTY 1-9 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $119.95 (no discount)

QTY 10-20 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $59.95 ($10 discount) + shipping
QTY 10-20 Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $104.95 ($15 discount) + shipping

QTY 20+ Redline Tuning QuickLIFT - $54.95 ($15 discount) + shipping
QTY 20+ Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE - $99.95 ($20 discount) + shipping

What we need to do is get a list together and go from there. Please state which kit you are purchasing next to your name.

*Remember they will not ship these hood struts out untill the number of people that are assigned to the group buy purchase their products.

1. svttour QuickLIFT

I have the Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE kit and holy crap is that nice. I think they have a 5 year warranty on the Elite's. Good quality, sorry for the thread clutter. :eek:

^ I'll second that. I have the QuickLift Elite. My daughter has the QuickLift and that is equally as good.
Just thought I'd throw that out there for those considering these. Both are of great quality.

Sam, I have a friend that is interested in these. By chance, do you know, is this GB going to be strictly for the Contour?

Last edited:
Awesome kits! I have a kit on my 98 SVT, and one on my brother's 95 Mystique. The struts have not shown any sign of needing replacement after years. I bought my kit used and his kit came with the car so they've been around for a while. Definitely worth the price. :cool:

I downright got hate mail from other CEG members after the last group buy about it being stupid to order the elite and it was a total waste of money.

I'm going to firmly say I disagree, its an entirely stainless steel assembly and looks fantastic (although I will admit I still haven't installed them).

svttour, they do have a lower pressure strut available as well for people with CF/Fiberglass hoods (which they've assured me would work just fine on stock hoods as well). They do have a cougar part number as well, so it would be worthwhile to cross post this on NECO as well (you have my GB moderator approval )

Andreas Keller is a good man, bought my SVT from him :cool:

I have the Elite kit and it's really nice. Good luck guys!

I'm in and optimistic too. Added more numbers down to 20. Hopefully we can qualify for best pricing.
I looked at their website and what sold me was the extra height the hood opens up. Easier to work under the hood.

1. svttour QuickLIFT
2. Silver Bullet QuickLIFT

I will email Andreas and see if we can get these for other cars aswell. If he agrees I will crosspost it on neco.

i have the black ones. Which I believe are the lower power since I have a CF hood. They fling up the CF hood but you need to help the stock hood up. Once it is up it stays.

I'm assuming the Elites are the only stainless steel ones and have a higher powered piston setup?

I'm in as well...
1. svttour QuickLIFT
2. Silver Bullet QuickLIFT
3. PHilly QuickLIFT
4. Turbo_Fox QuickLIFT

I have an update from Andreas. For those of you with CF hoods. The low force struts will be available at no extra charge. But the weight of your CF hood must be specified for the correct strut. He also agreed to extend this to NECO members so I will post it there.

i have the black ones. Which I believe are the lower power since I have a CF hood. They fling up the CF hood but you need to help the stock hood up. Once it is up it stays.

I'm assuming the Elites are the only stainless steel ones and have a higher powered piston setup?

after about 1/3 of the way up the struts lift it all the way for my elites

Yea but are the elites the only version that comes in SS? And are the elites the stronger version piston wise?

Can you get the SS in a lower powered piston?

Hello Everyone,
Just for clarification, Functionally there is no difference between the Standard gas spring and the Elite. The difference is only in the material of the gas springs body ie black epoxy painted steel vs 316L Stainless Steel.

Yes we have the lower force springs in black and Stainless.

Regards,
Andreas

Owner - Redline Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back