• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear bumper Filler..

Thats a trubendz exhaust with a magnaflow OVAL muffler used in the center. Nothing other then tips is used in the back.

Ok so you guys are saying I'll use the muffler in the center......In place of the res? and have to get it the inlet modified so it will fit......?then i just buy the tips right?:help:

Ok so you guys are saying I'll use the muffler in the center......In place of the res? and have to get it the inlet modified so it will fit......?then i just buy the tips right?:help:

The inlet won't need to be modified. Just get the right size muffler in the center and your good :)

And yes you will have to get new pipes and have them welded on...you can also use your stock svt tips if you wish..or get new ones.

but that muffler you gave me is the correct size isn't it? Im a lil :confused:

The muffler with the tip? Yes...because magnaflow doesn't make that muffler in a 2". So 2.25 is your only option.

But you can't use those mufflers for the center one...you know that right :crazy:

thank Harry that's what I was hoping you'd do :laugh:

Yea i figured. It makes things easier and well...it reassures you that your buying the right thing :laugh:

Also try looking on ebay....and see if you can find one cheaper.

Holy S@4# totally forgot about ebay!!:laugh: Hmmm now for the tips any recommendations????:laugh: I was wanting 4" something like hmmmmmm this.....
mbrp_dual_wall_angled_polished.jpg
you know with kind of a little slant.....

Holy S@4# totally forgot about ebay!!:laugh: Hmmm now for the tips any recommendations????:laugh: I was wanting 4" something like hmmmmmm this.....
mbrp_dual_wall_angled_polished.jpg
you know with kind of a little slant.....

Nice choice! I would sport those!

Tips you say? I doubt these are 4" but they fill the cuts outs perfectly and look so MmmMmm good. (Manimillion's setup)

8926_637118303555_90405289_38114659_3884615_n.jpg

IMHO...they are just too big. I think 3 inch tips are PERECT. Anything around 4 inch plus screams rice to me. Since it was the Japanese who originally started sporting the 5 inch muffler tips back in the mid 90s :blackeye:

yea well i want something that will fill up the bumper a lil more I kinda like 4" tip and I'll probably go with those slanted ones I posted......:shrug:

yea well i want something that will fill up the bumper a lil more I kinda like 4" tip and I'll probably go with those slanted ones I posted......:shrug:

No harm was meant..trust me i was just throwing out my opinion :).

I kept helping you...just to make sure you find/found want you wanted. Because it's not about what i think you should get. It's all about you and your car. :cool:

:laugh: yea thanks I appreciate it......Dammit lol Still not positive on what i want lol.....the tips I want cost almost as much as a muffler...so now I'm not sure If I want the tips or to buy the whole dang muffler lol....so complicated and so many choices :nonono: I love how that SE sounds tho.......so Im leaning more towards just the tips right now.....

Back