• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Random Facts.

Random facts. JE makes forged pistons for the Ford 200 ci and 250 ci Inline 6's. The 200 and 250's use the same exact size pistons as the ford 2.3 HSC used in the Ford Tempo. 95_Mystique is getting forged pistons and a turbo setup for his 1988 Ford Tempo by the end of winter if all goes well. :D

Baywatch Babe Erika Eleniak played the role of "Pretty Girl" in ET: The Extra Terrestrial. (The girl Elliot kissed in science class)

You sure you didn't leave it under the hood or something? Using it as a flashlight can lead to problems like this ...

Positive. It was a couple days later. and i had it when i went to work in the morning. I know i left it in my car. And when i got back, it wasnt there. I just figured it was under the seats and i would find it later. ha, right. After 3 people looked and calling it a lot, it was determined it was not in my car. I couldnt accept the fact my $600 iphone was completely gone, so any sane person would remove EVERYTHING in the car. Sure enough, no iPhone. Safe to say, its been stolen. Little do they know, i have phone records online, and whne i get a number, knee caps will be broken.

Why would i use the regular flashlight when i can use my iPhone!? Now youre just being ridiculous.

Not sure about the iPhone 4, but I know the 3GS was easy to make vanish.

Plug into iTunes.
Restore default setting.
Jail Break it.
Download something like ZiPhone
Change IMEI to other phone you may have.

And now, I can make my 3GS register on the network as my Samsung Solstice.

I'm also pretty sure it's illegal...but I would like to use my 3GS without the $20 data plan. :laugh:

Mine was jail broken... so I'm sure I'm screwed. I'll just watch my bill for numbers made and recieved after the time and date i lost it.. then find out who they belong to.. and eventually figure out who has it. Then, their knee caps will be broken. and i get my phone back, no big deal

Mine was jail broken... so I'm sure I'm screwed. I'll just watch my bill for numbers made and recieved after the time and date i lost it.. then find out who they belong to.. and eventually figure out who has it. Then, their knee caps will be broken. and i get my phone back, no big deal

Make sure you call your carrier and report it stolen; you won't get charged for anything done on the phone after it's reported stolen, but if you wait and they start calling China or buying lots of apps, you'll have to pay for it.

not too worried.. my plan is unlimited. and they cant buy apps with out my itunes password.

Anyways, I wish they did make a call so i could have a number.. but i need a phone cause im waiting on important calls for a job and from the Army. Its already reported stolen and is now useless to anyone. I just dont understand some people. The nerve to take it right out of my car. How do people even think they can use it? I mean, every provider now can shut a phone off for good once reported. Just sucks that it was brand new. Ill be keeping my eye on CL and ebay. there is a small chip in the top corner from when i dropped it and the case came off.. so i can easily identify it, even if they clear the data in it.

Last edited:
Last I knew, AT&T doesn't black list the devices IMEI, so they can just pop in another sim card and use the phone.

ya.. i was mistaken. Anyone can use it unfortunately. Got a new one today and they gave me an early upgrade which is cool. So it was 400 as opposed to 600. But still ••••ty. needless to say, my phone will either stay in my pocket or hand from now on.

Cheap pocket dialing Tracfone for the win:cool: I kinda wish I could loose it so I could upgrade:help:

Just plugged my 3GS in to charge it (haven't touched it in over 3 months) and it has an awesome message on the charging screen. "IMEI: Unknown. ICCID: Unknow." Lawl. Apparently this can require a lot of effort to fix if the simple fixes don't work. Thank god I only paid $75 for it in December of last year. :laugh:

Random Fact: iPhone's have highly inferior cell phone reception as opposed to other AT&T offerings.

GF dropped her iPhone into a toilet yesterday. It was secretly a blessing. She now gets service at her house when she didn't before. FWIW, she now has the LG Quantum, with the Windows OS.

I always had phenomenal reception with my 3GS. Even in places other AT&T phones had so little reception they couldn't even send a text.

Ya.. just the iPhone4's have crappy service. The 3GS was fine. However, i haven't dropped a call yet, have had the phone for 3 months. And ive always had service except when i was driving through the mountains in the middle of no where.

But its cool.. im an iPhone fanboy. lol. Awesome phone IMO

LOL I called Luca over the weekend, my iPhone 4 dropped the call like 4 times :laugh:

I just got it the day before, never really dropped any calls on my old 3G

I was going to buy the Sony Xperia, but I didnt like not being able to pinch your fingers to zoom in and out

Does it have that fancy case?

Here's a better option so it never drops calls...

iphone4face_01.jpg

Back