• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RAD's 3L build

Your injectors and computer need to match. So, if you can confirm its an SVT PCM, your 19# should be fine. If its an SE PCM, you'll have better results (untuned) with stock 17# injectors. However, with 3L and 17# you run the risk of being really lean at high RPM.

So my computer is an SFG0 and that is an SVT right? and with SVT injectors I should be ok? When I get my tune and xcal3 from joey I think I am going to get an A/F gauge too to make sure we can get it locked in since I am flowing more air than usual

Because I am flowing more air (SHO-source ported UIM and bored LIM and slightly ported heads) would it just be a good idea to throw in some 24# injectors when I get my tune? I have the 24# from the 3L does it matter if I am putting those on a port match 3L instead of an oval port? (spray pattern and what not?)

yes it matters. you can't use oval port injectors in a split port LIM.

and until you get a a/f guage who knows if you are really flowing that much more air to need larger injectors. have to remember that making everything bigger is going to slow the air flow ...

Ok I will search to find what injectors work for my split port and get my a/f to see if I am running lean. Also, I don't think I have to worry about slow air flow because even the extrude honed UIM (which is not what I have) has less volume than a 3L UIM right? I think I read that somewhere let me try and post the link if I can find ii again.

you need an injector with a 0 degree spray angle. Oval port injectors have a spray angle. use an oval port injector in a split port and you will be spraying fuel on the lim and head walls instead or the fuel getting mixed with the air. The split port injectors have no spray angle to that the off set injector location can put fuel into the middle of the port.

Alright thanks brapple. I did throw 2 more codes lean on bank one and two so I am running lean. When I get my tune and A/F gauge Ill determine whether I need to upgrade or not

On a side note I can't seem to find any threads on where to get injectors. I also searched the web but the ones I found all have a spray angle. Where can I get 24ish# injectors for an EV1 connector with 0*? Any cars come stock with them?

I have 24# injectors sitting in my garage. They were on my car, and I believe they are the ones that come with the Turbo kit. I'm not sure on the spray angle, but I never had any problems with them.

I have 24# injectors sitting in my garage. They were on my car, and I believe they are the ones that come with the Turbo kit. I'm not sure on the spray angle, but I never had any problems with them.

As I believe you didn't have a problem with them I am very OCD so verify the spray angle and I will most likely pick them up this week.

I will try to get those pictures posted now...

Here it is 3L LSVT

DSC04986.jpg

DSC04988.jpg

DSC04997.jpg

DSC04990.jpg

Before...
DSCF2131-1.jpg

After
DSC04994.jpg

DSC04991-1.jpg

DSC04993.jpg

Now you just need a blue optima (marine) battery. It's exactly the same as a yellow top, just has an extra set of stainless steel posts.

Haha thanks but I think I am going to wait til this one burns out before I buy another 200 dollar battery to match my theme.

Also I found some injectors on Ebay I want to pick up if nobody responds to my classified. I heard that 2 hole injectors were for an oval port and 4 hole injectors are for a split port. Can anyone confirm this?

I have another question for you guys. I see all this talk of people putting on 65mm TB's so I did some research and found that some people love them, others go back to the 60mm, some say it hurts top end power. My question is how do you decide when you need the extra air flow form a 65? and has anybody run into problems tuning the car with the 65?

Also I just threw a P0430 code. I am running headers with MIL eliminators it rained the last few days could water cause them to fail at all? I am going to see if it comes back on then maybe replace some O2's

Back