• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate Oficial GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brapple your last pic looks amazing! Do you even drive that car or is it just a garage ornament?

had it out for a quick drive this last wedsnesday, after it was warmed up completely I redlined it a few times .... its making the drive to SZ again this year also ... just like last year

From the pics it looks like you guys don't have it sticking out past the edge of the Mirko very far. Was that the idea or do you think it looks better that way?

I tucked mine way back because I didn't like how it looked with a lot of skidplate showing.

It's protected the Mirko twice already and the paint was completely untouched. I pulled the car too far up the driveway and tapped a little pile of frozen snow. No damage. I backed out of the driveway the other night, and forgot I couldn't angle that direction out of the driveway. Scraped like hell, but no damage at all. It's doing exactly what it should be doing. :cool:

From the pics it looks like you guys don't have it sticking out past the edge of the Mirko very far. Was that the idea or do you think it looks better that way?

it does alittle bit. I dodn't want it way out infront of the edge, I didn't measure but would guess I have it sticking out about 1/8" or so

well maybe Pole can start another thread and just leave it open until he has enough people.

how much did the shipping come out to?

Somewhere usually between $11 and $16.

As for a new thread, i can't post new prices until i have enough people committed to have them re-quote cutting them out.

im looking to find one used....but not really used if you know what i mean....i see a guy in arizona has one im hoping i can get it from him....

Mirko has plenty of splitters I talked to them on Monday and they told me they had a batch of five sitting around and that they would continue to make them since they are still very popular with the CSVT crowd. Maybe if a groupbuy involving the splitters could be started then we could convince Pole120 that there is enough demand for another batch of skidplates.

Mirko has plenty of splitters I talked to them on Monday and they told me they had a batch of five sitting around and that they would continue to make them since they are still very popular with the CSVT crowd. Maybe if a groupbuy involving the splitters could be started then we could convince Pole120 that there is enough demand for another batch of skidplates.

wow thats great. when i went and talked to albert he said he wasnt real sure he was going to make them anymore,hes retired now and never at the shop all that much.
as i talked to him and told him that there was still alot of interest he was willing to make other parts for the site if there was enough interest

I dont have a Mirko yet and am in the market for the skidplate! INCLUDING 1 of my friends. and I still gotta convince the other!

If it goes for the 80 bucks like last time IM IN!

- amyn

i was checking out MattyKs today as he and john were installing it. looks great! i wacked my Mirko a few times today pulling in and out of driveways :blackeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back