• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project SVTetanus : May I have this stance?

Lol hey its my old dd! I can't believe the work that's been put into it. Thanks for the pm so I could find this thread, I'm at disbelief! Sry I haven't been on in 7 months but ill check back, if there's anything u need to know about history pm me. I am thinking this was a flood car when I bought it fyi ;)

I replaced all the brakes on the car and dropped it on Intrax springs. Still waiting to get paid for the work I've done on the car thus far so I haven't done much else since that.

Well. This car is back at PRT. It's suffered a brake-line blow-out and what the owner thought was a blown shift tower, but after investigation it was a malfunction in the cables. I bought it for parts but the more I think about it, the more I consider reviving it. The ABS system and AC are shot, so the entire systems would be pulled and I've got Koni's and GC's sitting here that were going to go on what is now the RWD car, and that will run full mustang suspension. Hmmmm.

430272_10150673110613081_525733080_9323428_188516868_n.jpg

Slammed.....and stripped. Much of the interior will make a comeback in the RWD car, and many other parts including engine and trans were salvaged for people in need. Seeing as my ABS and AC are shot in my daily, and I kind of fell in love with the green/white/silver I might stance out the daily since everything is sitting here.

You know your car is old when there are people who are ditching them instead of fixing them... Seems to be happening quite a bit lately. Oh well, at least it helped some others...
Erick --

You know your car is old when there are people who are ditching them instead of fixing them...

This car was so rotted out it was WAY beyond saving. I've saved more of these cars than I've scrapped. I can tell you that much for certain.

No doubt man. I didn't mean it negatively at all... Just a bad observation about owning a car that is 12 years old AT BEST! ug...
Erick --

A guy just needs to make the decision not to drive a nice car in the winter. That is the only way they will last... well that or washing them twice a week and wiping down the insides of doors, trunk, hood, etc. My SHO lasted quite a while by doing that.

Since I didn't really get any hits on my now stock silver car or parts I'm going to be re-modding it with parts I've got laying around. Pics will be added to this thread since I'm planning on following the same idea as I had on this car originally.

Back