• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project SVTetanus : May I have this stance?

My 96 SE battled fourteen Buffalo winters and STILL didn't look as bad as that. I hope the original owner is on here so I can rub that in their face lol. So Josh you're not gonna let that frame rot to the point where you take a hard right turn and the frame continues straight.......right. lol looks fun!

My 96 SE battled fourteen Buffalo winters and STILL didn't look as bad as that. I hope the original owner is on here so I can rub that in their face lol. So Josh you're not gonna let that frame rot to the point where you take a hard right turn and the frame continues straight.......right. lol looks fun!

The car has a lot of rust yea, but If it was at that point me and Josh wouldn't have went forth with the project. A lot of the rust is all along the edges the center of the under body seem fairly well. But I'll drive the wheels off it and buy another SVT.

I PMd the original owner and put a link to this thread in it :cool:. He will be happy it wasn't parted out for sure.

not sure what your budget is for fabrics, I know of a company that I wanted to get some tartan plaid from to upholster an older miata...they have houndstooth choices too. I don't suspect you want to get too elaborate. This looks like a fun build.

not sure what your budget is for fabrics, I know of a company that I wanted to get some tartan plaid from to upholster an older miata...they have houndstooth choices too. I don't suspect you want to get too elaborate. This looks like a fun build.

I'm just going to hit the local fabric store and see what I can find.

Have not had much time to work on the car this week because i started a new job. The fender will be going for paint this weekend, and when I get it back will be sticker-ed. I placed the zip-tie order for 100 pk that should be a close match for the green on the stickers. Next step will be to get the brakes repaired on the car and make it drivable along with replacing the front header panel so everything can be properly bolted up. Thanks for the input everyone. I'm kind of caught off guard by the support this is getting...

Things are going SUPER slow thanks to other things coming up. But I got a package in the mail today...

IMGP1878.jpg

Last edited:
Had a nice chill day at the shop cleaning and working on this and that. Took some time to get the bumper done. Just need to buff the fogs and it's ready to go back on.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

I got the car reassembled tonight and ready to tow to PRT's new shop Saturday. We're expanding just a little bit. :)

264308_10150268659198081_525733080_7430732_2151504_n.jpg

As I'm sure some of you have noticed I haven't updated this lately, that's because nothing has changed. With work beginning on the RWD conversion and now another project with a tighter deadline we've been working hard on other cars but hope to b back on this soon. Chad's in no rush so we've taken some time off from this car and will be back at it soon. :)

Back