• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project :: 95 SE rebirth..

TK95Contour

CEG'er
Im in the middle of doing a major swap to my 95 SE. I need to : replace engine, replace all underhood harness's and replace the clutch , and slave cylinder. I was wondering if i could drop the whole subframe with everything all together? I wanted to know the easiest way to pull everything without getting to lost. This is my first motor/trans swap and im so ready to back out.

I have most of the wiring/sensors and hoses disconnected. I have the upper intake off, sway bar endlinks are off, y-pipe is off..

Im starting to get really lost as far as what to start on next. Im basicaly doing this alone with basic handtools in a garage. I have the ford service manual and have been trying to do it step by step but im starting to think im in over my head.

Please help!!! :help:

Any additional info anybody could give me on the best way to go on with this please chime in!

My first major motor work was on my '95 too - don't worry, you are not over your head on it. Sounds like how I was when I started. Take breaks and walk away, even if you don't work on it for a couple days in between.

We will try to help where we can. I will chime in again in a bit to give some help.

Im in the middle of doing a major swap to my 95 SE. I need to : replace engine, replace all underhood harness's and replace the clutch , and slave cylinder. I was wondering if i could drop the whole subframe with everything all together? I wanted to know the easiest way to pull everything without getting to lost. This is my first motor/trans swap and im so ready to back out.!
i saw that done recently, makes what you are doing much easier. Question is .. have you got a way of raising the car high enough to roll the (subframe engine tranny wheels etc) assembly out from under the car ? If not you'll have to disassemble it in managable pieces.

Im starting to get really lost as far as what to start on next. Im basicaly doing this alone with basic handtools in a garage. I have the ford service manual and have been trying to do it step by step but im starting to think im in over my head. .!

Relax it's only a car !! I've seen jobs on cars listed as 7 on a difficulty scale and 9 on an intimidation scale.... so you're in for a learning curve ... but you'll live !!
The guys on this forum are great and anything you can't find, after searching the forum (hint), they'll guide you thru .... G.
p.s. pictures help show where you're stuck.

Last edited:
Back