• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Home delivery......

2 guard

CEG'er
So the story goes my car was side swipped by my home water delivery guy....And now the car is totaled. The hole it left in the bumper is the size of a dime an therfore.. TOTALED. It has since been fixed here are some pics tell what you think..some befor an after. First time posting pics i hope i get this rite.

Attachments

• DSC00676.JPG
    DSC00676.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00713.JPG
    DSC00713.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
Some Vets might want to back me up on this. but i would think thats fixable. find some local CEG'rs with a fender and paint it up and bondo up the bumper and it'll be good as new...

unless theres more to the story than what we're given in the OP.

It has since been fixed here are some pics tell what you think..some befor an after. First time posting pics i hope i get this rite.

Some Vets might want to back me up on this. but i would think thats fixable.

It sounds like it was fixable....

Anyway, Car looks good. Couldn't help but notice some nasty overspray on the coolant res.:blackeye:

I can't believe they totaled it from that damage:shrug:

Yeah i thought it was funny too, but because they could replace the front bumper meaning buy a new one they didnt want to fix it either. It just really makes me mad that now i have a salvage car over somthing so lilttle.

If you have a salvage title now, that means you had proper insurance coverage and made a claim on it. They probably paid you out around $3,000 at a minimum after deductible (your insurance sucks if you didn't get that much), unless you have some crazy high deductible. That damage could be properly fixed for under $500, so you should have come out way ahead on this one. If you plan on keeping the car for awhile, the $2,500 in your pocket is a heck of alot better than having a clean title on a 98 Contour. You have pictures of the damage too, so if you need to sell it, you won't take too much of a hit to the right buyer. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but I wouldn't gripe over the salvage title on a 10plus year old car!

Glad to see you fixed it up though. It would be a shame for such light damage to send a car to the wrecker.

Yes i still have the car an their insurance company paid me out over 5grand an i bought the car back for 400.00. so over all i mad out like a bandit but now i have a guy who wants to buy it pretty bad an i have no idea what to sell it for.

In this case if I was the buyer (I wish) with your documentation I would think book value would be fair

Yes it is, last week i got ran off the road by an old person an hit an ran up on the curb...Damn old plp. but on the brite side i have a splitter coming an i will get the whole thing painted again...... i hope the car isnt too low.

Back