• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

possibly moving

CRGkart44

Is Cruising For A Bruising
Once i finish college, i have big plans to move. I should be done in the winter of 2010. At this point i think its going to be Phoenix. The cost of living is slightly lower than here which is a plus.

on to some questions :
What are some advantages to being in AZ?
Whats a good area in or around Phoenix to look for a place to live?
Whats the job market like?
And what are some good attractions and things to do other than work and such?

Obviously, it wont be a year from now so i have quite some time and things will be different, but as of now Phoenix is my decision from 4 cities(Phoenix, Ventura, CA, Kansas City, MO, and North Port, FL)

florida is the shiznasty. i dont regret moving here one bit. i might be looking for a roommate in a few months too.

An Vegas kills Phoenix, Vegas has alot to offer. An visiting there is not the same as living there. Or L.A. Ill be moving there at the end of this month

Of the places you listed, Ventura is far and away the best. The climate is far better than any of the places you listed.

Florida gets hot and sticky in the summer.

Kansas City is both too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Phoenix has three months of horrible weather. Summer is unbearable. The rest of the year is reasonable. Where you live you also have three months of bad weather, but it is easier to put on more clothes.

Ventura sits midway between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. Both of those cities are often referred to as the best climate in the world.

Las Vegas Is the spot, you can a 1 bedroom nice size apartment for $650 in a pretty nice area
Thats not terrible at all.

An Vegas kills Phoenix, Vegas has alot to offer. An visiting there is not the same as living there. Or L.A. Ill be moving there at the end of this month
I visited Vegas once.. i didnt really care for it. So i think i can rule it out.

Of the places you listed, Ventura is far and away the best. The climate is far better than any of the places you listed.

Florida gets hot and sticky in the summer.

Kansas City is both too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Phoenix has three months of horrible weather. Summer is unbearable. The rest of the year is reasonable. Where you live you also have three months of bad weather, but it is easier to put on more clothes.

Ventura sits midway between Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. Both of those cities are often referred to as the best climate in the world.

A few years ago, i was paid to fly out to Ventura an race someones car for them. I really loved the area but was working most of the time and didnt get to really enjoy it there. But the track was literally right next to the beach :) But its damn expensive and CA seems to be in the hole, which turns me off.
As for Florida, i lived there once before. Only like a year in Ganseville. and 10 in southern GA. So in no way what so ever does the heat/humidity bother me. I usually wear a light hoodie all year long in NY and only have one pair of shorts for the Gym, running, and swimming.
the only reason i choose KS city is i heard it was relatively cheap and somewhat decent. But i think i ruled that place out.
The reason for Phoenix is i love the heat(but is it too much? idk) and my cousin is kinda turning me on to Sandrails. So i can have too much fun in the desert.

I guess im still open to ideas. As long as there is no freaking snow. I still have this semester, the summer, and the fall semester before ill be done with school. So it most likely wont be until end of Dec when i can leave. I just want to have a solid plan before i go anywhere.

Back