• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

very cool contour info

did you happen to see anything about a 97 4 cyl. Contour? I have a question about the overdrive button on the side of the shift stick. If you didn't I will check the site out tomorrow.

the tab on the left. click on concepts or SVE/SVT. if you browse the other topics, theres cool spy shots of cars that never came into production, or were VERY early mockups of production cars

i see it on both my laptop and my desktop.

the top left says driving enthusiast.net with a guy in a white helmet. below that says blogs. the contour stuff is under Ford Motor Corp. and Special Reports

I think this is what he was referring to.

I finally found some images of the Ford Profile and Mercury Premys show cars. These Ford Mondeo variants were introduced at the 1994 NAIAS in Detroit.

The Mercury Premys is very convential, it's simply a styling exercise for what became the Mystique.

premys.jpg

The Ford Profile is much more extensive. Besides the body kit, the car features the all-wheel drive system from the European Mondeo, as well as a supercharged 2.5l DOHC V-6 (a supercharged 3.0 DOHC V-06 was planned for Jaguar, but was cancelled) and an interior by Recaro. The concept was shown for several years, in a variety of colors including bright yellow. Ford actually wanted to build this car, but was unable to justify the high expense since the plan was for the Ford Contour to be a severely decontented Ford Mondeo. Several of the Mondeo features and options would be left out of the car when it made the trasnistion across the Atlanta and all wheel drive was one of them ( as was a diesel engine). Ford later relented and rebadged a slightly decontented FWD Mondeo ST200 as the SVT Contour.

profile.jpg

Severely decontented is right :nonono:

I think this is what he was referring to.

I finally found some images of the Ford Profile and Mercury Premys show cars. These Ford Mondeo variants were introduced at the 1994 NAIAS in Detroit.

The Mercury Premys is very convential, it's simply a styling exercise for what became the Mystique.

premys.jpg

The Ford Profile is much more extensive. Besides the body kit, the car features the all-wheel drive system from the European Mondeo, as well as a supercharged 2.5l DOHC V-6 (a supercharged 3.0 DOHC V-06 was planned for Jaguar, but was cancelled) and an interior by Recaro. The concept was shown for several years, in a variety of colors including bright yellow. Ford actually wanted to build this car, but was unable to justify the high expense since the plan was for the Ford Contour to be a severely decontented Ford Mondeo. Several of the Mondeo features and options would be left out of the car when it made the trasnistion across the Atlanta and all wheel drive was one of them ( as was a diesel engine). Ford later relented and rebadged a slightly decontented FWD Mondeo ST200 as the SVT Contour.

profile.jpg

Severely decontented is right :nonono:
thanx for posting the article. i was almost going crazy reading through all those articles to find it.

the front on the mystique looks like a probe w/out pop up headlights,i kinda like it,the tails on the profile look like what became 96-99 taurus tails.

the front on the mystique looks like a probe w/out pop up headlights,i kinda like it,the tails on the profile look like what became 96-99 taurus tails.

It looks like it has the 2000 continental style front grill too.

Interesting stuff for sure. And i thought we've seen it all :crazy:

Back