• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pats key group buy IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the guy do this like a mobile locksmith or what brad? You can swing by work one night im here and get mine done for me if you want lol. Car is up here now by the way if you want to come check it out.:cool:

He use too. now he has a key-osk in the mall....get it key-osk? Bawhaha

NO i do not need 2 keys, what will happen is i have access to a guy with a clone tool, he also has the ability to clone keyfobs and keys.

no what I meant was to program a third key your self if you have the newer pats system is you need two keys to program a third.

I haven't heard about anyone cloning keys before so that is something entirely different.

no what I meant was to program a third key your self if you have the newer pats system is you need two keys to program a third.

I haven't heard about anyone cloning keys before so that is something entirely different.

Yes JMA is a new system, it will create an exact replica of the key code and cut. it sees the key as if it were the factory origional,

I would be interested in this as i've been looking for a new fob for awhile and there not cheap threw dealer!

When can you get pics of the fob? My car only came with one key and fob... and I went through the pain of giving my car to the dealer to make me the 2nd key. So I now have 2 keys, but only 1 fob.

When can you get pics of the fob? My car only came with one key and fob... and I went through the pain of giving my car to the dealer to make me the 2nd key. So I now have 2 keys, but only 1 fob.

all you need to do is get a key fob from a junk yard or ebay and program it to your car ... it isn't hard ....you don't need any set number of key fobs to program another. just get all the ones you want to use for one car and you can program them all at once. do note if you can program one remote to two cars.

pic of key n fob

pic of key n fob

0718080001.jpg

Yes you can get it out of a junkyard, but how do you know it stil works, and try pricing a for flatboard fob. 50+ around here

No biggie, will he sell the fobs programmed w/o the keys.

Yes he will. 48 bucks programmed and ready to go. keep in mind he has red white and grey cases.

Now, i am going to explaine in detail how the JMA system works. First off The two key thing is a MYTH. Yes i know at one time if you wanted to "add" codes to your system you needed the two keys. Because at the time there was not a system to copy and regenerate the RF codes found in the keys.
There is a transponder in each pats key, i will even get a pic of it today. On that transponder there is a very spacific RF code that the car checks, your factory keys have 2 diffrent codes on them. most people know that. The JMA system takes the code from your current key that you send to me or ship to the locksmith and he regenerates it EXACTLY to the T on the new key, this fools your Passive anti theft system (pats) in to thinking that it is the key it got from the factory. This is why its called Cloning a key. i dont just send you a non working cut key as i have gotten PM's asking about. I send you a key that will start your car.

I am not trying to make any one mad, i just wanted to clear things up.
i need 10 names to make this thing happen. If you need a Key for your car. Give this a shot.

Last edited:
This may have been covered or implied, as I won't even pretend to understand how this works, but question...I can't send the key since this is my only car and only key, but if we send you just the fob, can he clone the fob or does he still need the key? I'd be willing to send my fob and get a second, that way I'll at least have an extra "unlocker" if I lock my keys in.

Rollin, Yes you can send just your fob so that you have can extra way of unlocking, But if you loose the only key you have to your car, it will cost you upwards of 160 to originate a key plus the cost of the mobile call to get a locksmith out there, let alone one that can originate the key. If you can go with out your car (bum a ride that day) for one day i can have the key from you cloned and back to you next day, with same day turn around.

But if you just want the fob its 48 bucks

I wouldn't mind having a third key, but my local locksmith made one from my single key and my ignition for $35 and it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back