• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pats key group buy IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting by with just one key and fob and crossed fingers since I bought my SVT...very interested. I am also curious as to how this is going to work, details?

im down Brad. I even have the barcode for my pats that came new with the car so programming should be no prob for mine!

Also interested.

Keeping and eye on this for more details. The Contour has one key, so Im one lost key away from being keyless...

That how-to doesn't indicate it, but I could have sworn you needed to have two already-programmed keys to be able to program new ones yourself. :shrug:

I would really be interested in getting a new key cut, I lost my key, all I have left is my spare key, and it was a poorly cut replacement key in the first place. But I believe that you need 2 keys to program additional keys. At least thats what the ford dealer told me once.

well i better get a blank cut before i lose one of my 2 keys. and with using 2 keys do you just put in both keys before the new one?

Got a line on the pats keys cut and programmed.

regulary 52.00
Need to know ammount interested.

can you please explain in greater detail?

how are you going to provide programmed keys? they are passive and you need to "program" them to the car.

also I don't believe there was ever a data base of keys for the contour. I have never heard of any walking into a dealer and having a new key cut based on their cars vin number or any other identification number.

if you have official Ford keys that are uncut then I would be interested in getting some. If this is the case they are the correct key for the PATs system in out cars?

can you please explain in greater detail?

how are you going to provide programmed keys? they are passive and you need to "program" them to the car.

also I don't believe there was ever a data base of keys for the contour. I have never heard of any walking into a dealer and having a new key cut based on their cars vin number or any other identification number.

if you have official Ford keys that are uncut then I would be interested in getting some. If this is the case they are the correct key for the PATs system in out cars?

That's what I was going to say, The ford dealer I go to had to program my key and fob through thier computer and the cut was just a basic copy. I did only have one key but I do know that the majority of contour stuff is already 8 years old and Ford isn't too fond of holding on to parts, let alone information. They wouldn't even check recalls on my tour because it was "old", and I have all the hook-ups in that place. Just my 2 pennies.

Here is the deal

Here is the deal

NO i do not need 2 keys, what will happen is i have access to a guy with a clone tool, he also has the ability to clone keyfobs and keys.

here are the prices

10+ people $50.00 for the keys $48.00 for the fob. Buy them as a combo $88.00 Same day turn around no over night wait. you have a choce of colors on the fobs are red, grey, or white.

Shiping is your responisibility suggest fedex.

So we have to send you our keys/fobs?

Yes.

Dont worry about me trying anything like trying to steel your cars, Trey and Ryan both know me very well and can vouch for me. I am just here to help you guys out.

Also He can cut the "laser cut" keys for 90% of the cars out there.

Yes.

Dont worry about me trying anything like trying to steel your cars, Trey and Ryan both know me very well and can vouch for me. I am just here to help you guys out.

No one is even saying that but you do kinda run the risk of them being damaged during shipping or worst case scenario lost, not to mention most people here are posting that they only have the one key so they will be without access to their vehicles until they all get back.

No one is even saying that but you do kinda run the risk of them being damaged during shipping or worst case scenario lost, not to mention most people here are posting that they only have the one key so they will be without access to their vehicles until they all get back.

I know but i am sure there are some people out there that thought it. Here is the thing, if it is shipped and damaged, Fedex HAS to pay for the replacement cost of the item, you know that i know that.

I am going to post pics of the key and fobs that he sells. You can do your homework on the JMA key cloning process if you like. I know that they would be out of a vehical for a day, but could be out of a car for a lot longer and it cost them a whole bunch more if they loose that one key they have. He use to charge 165 to origionate a key, IF you lived with in 10 miles of his shop. Call around see how much its gonna cost ya.

does the guy do this like a mobile locksmith or what brad? You can swing by work one night im here and get mine done for me if you want lol. Car is up here now by the way if you want to come check it out.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back