• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ohio people?

Hi! Where in Cbus are you? As you can see, I'm in Dublin. I've seen a handful of SVTCs around the area, one T-Red in particular I see regularly on 33. Not you is it?

Cheers, man; I live in Hilliard and work in Worthington. We're trying to get a Cougar meet together in April. Maybe you can stop in, if we could ever finalize any plans...

I'm also interested in what you have to offer. Also, this is totally off topic, but I see in your sig you have 235/45/17s on Konis/GC...I'm thinking about 235/45 vs 235/40 for new tires, also on Konis, but with B&Gs in my case. Do you have any fender or strut rub with the 45s? Also, are your wheels 7" or 7.5"? Mine are 7", so I really should stick with 225 anyway, but I haven't decided.

Someone in Ohio should set up a run of the triple nickle, I'd be up for that:cool:

Never heard of it....I do know of some sweet backroads to mid-Ohio though

Edit: just looked up the 555, I'd be willing to set something up, sounds like fun!!!!!
Southern Ohio is loaded with hills and twists. Should also be able to find some nice state parks in the area for a place to stay.

Last edited:
Keep us posted on the triple nickel run, nice little weekend run should be pretty easy to get 5 guys to do, right:shrug:

Not going to SZ but I'm in Ohio.
I can't talk the wife into going. I even told her she could go, she did say she wanted to take a vacation. :rolleyes:
I think it would be a great vacation because Michigan has pretty decent site seeing places.
Except how they drive up there, hi Michigan guys. :)

I'm about 2hrs north of cbus. About 2 min from ceder point. I wouldn't mind meeting some others with some nice SVTs. Might make me want to keep mine.

Not going to SZ but I'm in Ohio.
I can't talk the wife into going. I even told her she could go, she did say she wanted to take a vacation. :rolleyes:
I think it would be a great vacation because Michigan has pretty decent site seeing places.
Except how they drive up there, hi Michigan guys. :)

If you drive way up north in Michigan there's alot to see:shrug:

I'm also interested in what you have to offer. Also, this is totally off topic, but I see in your sig you have 235/45/17s on Konis/GC...I'm thinking about 235/45 vs 235/40 for new tires, also on Konis, but with B&Gs in my case. Do you have any fender or strut rub with the 45s? Also, are your wheels 7" or 7.5"? Mine are 7", so I really should stick with 225 anyway, but I haven't decided.

With 235/45 I do have a slight rub when going over bumps but with the ground controls I was able to raise the rear just enough to were it wouldn't rub unless I was loaded with people or a lot of weight in the trunk. With B&Gs I would stick with the 225. I had B&Gs before the ground controls and it rubbed. But also I am not sure off the top of my head what the offset is on the wheels so that could also be a factor.

As far as what I am bringing to columbus, it will more then likely be the previously mentioned wheels and a Wilwood front brake kit. The brakes have about 7k miles on them. Selling them due to the fact they put me in an autocross class where I am no where near competitive. I have to run with STIs and EVOs. I may have some other odds and ends.

Back