• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL: Spring Zing Lite 2012 - Streetsboro, Ohio

Might be in FL that weekend, might not - if work pumps me hard up the can and I can't take that trip, then I'll be there to cause some mayhem! Odds are good, I win either way lol.

Haven't decided yet which days we'll be there. Can't get that Friday off, but we'll probably drive down after work Friday night and stay til Sunday.
Not solid on this yet, but you can put PP and I on the list anyway.

I was looking up the local women's flat track roller derby team schedule for that weekend. Friggin figures, but no home Akron games that weekend.
I think the closest bout is in Youngstown on May 19th (just shy of an hour east). I don't think that'd work for us.

Haven't decided yet which days we'll be there. Can't get that Friday off, but we'll probably drive down after work Friday night and stay til Sunday.
Not solid on this yet, but you can put PP and I on the list anyway.

I was looking up the local women's flat track roller derby team schedule for that weekend. Friggin figures, but no home Akron games that weekend.
I think the closest bout is in Youngstown on May 19th (just shy of an hour east). I don't think that'd work for us.

The hotel is in streetsboro, its about 25min north east-ish from Akron

Requested off for this weekend, but dont think ill be at my job past this week. Either way, me and kids(???) will be there! Really looking forward to it!

Dave and Luca, great job by the 2 of you for keeping this going, the shutdown probably didn't help and its good to see that you've got so many people coming from out of town!

Thanks! No, the shutdown didn't help and that is the whole reason SZ couldn't be completely organized. Unfortuntaly this event isn't going to be structured like SZ but it will give us a chance to get together with those that would like to come and hang out.

You should come out!!

Requested off for this weekend, but dont think ill be at my job past this week. Either way, me and kids(???) will be there! Really looking forward to it!

Great! Not so great on the job part. :( Hope you've got another lined up.

so my boss is taking the same weekoff so I might fly direct to ohio friday and leave monday.....

I find it ironic that the event titled Spring Zing Lite already has 17 registered attendees. One full month away - I'm sure we can pull in more!

I'd love to go but my 4 day weekend is reserved for our annual Fall Dragon Run. Its kinda like SZ lite and we still always have atleast 1 Contour there too, this year will be no exception. I always thought it would be great if we'd have ALOT more Contours/CEG-ers down there for there for the run.....who knows, right?

BTW Dave, is there going to be be a "pre-SZ" clean up?

Yup that's right. Spring Zing 2012 is happening, only it will be a lite version. What's Spring Zing Lite you may ask. Well. It's just us hanging out, no official events are planned (ie no track day, dyno, show & shine etc). LUCA has hotel details that she will post here shortly. We are also working on a list of local attractions and events happening in the area during the week.

When: May 17-20 (Thurs - Sun)
Where: Streetsboro, OH

I believe Nelsons Lodge is having some open track days around that time which people are welcome to go to if they want, however, we are not negotiating any sort of group rates\running times.

I can tell you that the hotel we are getting will have a pool and free breakfast (these were really our only two requirements).

We are planning on having T-Shirts made and are working on getting Lanyards\name tags made up also.

Please let us know if you are planning on attending or not so we can get a rough idea of how many t-shirts will be needed.

Hotel information can be found here

Attendees:
1. Dave Acker - D.Acker
2. Tessa Acker - D.Acker's wife
3. Ben Acker - ^^their kid
4. Sean Acker - ^^his brother
5. Chris H. - LUCA
6. Ken H. - BlackSVT
7. Jason G. - Mystique97 and family
8. Joe B. - Blu_Fuz
9. Sam F. - svttour
10.Malcolm B. - imnotacop420
11. Annie E.
12. Japhet M. - contourfever87
13. Kim L.- frenchblueC2
14. Karri P. - PeppermintPatty
15. John F. - fogarty,john
16. Justin - Justin71
17. Chris S. - crackerican69 and kids
18. Andy H. - usmc-svt

I will most likely be there...especially since it is only a half hour away :laugh:

Back