• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official SPOTTED! Thread

Well I do know what you mean about the SVT, but my SE runs good (most of the time) and it seems better than most and as good as some in performance. Why just the other day I flew by a Red SVT on I5 and no way could it even touch me............ them two older ladies in it were so busy chatting SVT or not they couldn't keep up......lol

You know there ought to be a law about just who can actually drive a performance car......with the first requirement being you have to appreciate what you are driving......lol :laugh:

A new CEG'r Mosh spotted Aussie Ford prowling around the countours and mystiques at U-pull-it Tigard yard......... :laugh:

There I was ripping, tearing, and causing general havoc when this fellow walks up and says "you wouldn't happen to be the proud dad of a US Marine would you" What could I say, but yes!... Then he says your Aussie Ford aren't you..... Well once your discovered what can one do but admit it and discuss Tours ...... LOL :laugh:

BTW he's a real nice fellow that Mosh guy and I hope we see him at our get togethers.....:cool:

a little different spotted but what the heck........:laugh:

AF

Seen my twin today... Sexy black Svt nice 18s out front of QFC in lakewood around noon... Chick walked out and got in it... i wasnt in my CSvt but man i would love to find out who that was so we can get a few more local ppl here for us to the tacoma area.... If thats you Hit me up..

Saw someone on Tuesday heading north on 405 around 3:00pm in the Bothell area. He refused to make eye contact so probably not from here, but it was a stock looking black SVT with Tan interior. E1 wheels.

He probably did not want to acknowledge me cause my car looks a little rough from the outside.

Saw someone on Tuesday heading north on 405 around 3:00pm in the Bothell area. He refused to make eye contact so probably not from here, but it was a stock looking black SVT with Tan interior. E1 wheels.

He probably did not want to acknowledge me cause my car looks a little rough from the outside.

Your car doesn't look that rough.

I've seen that guy around town a lot and he never waves. It's a nice looking car and I've wondered if it's the same car I see at the Mill Creek Albertson's parking lot.

Caught again!

Well today our fearless leader GrooveNerd himself spotted Aussie Ford lurking around the counter at Tigard u-pull-it.... now that's twice I've been caught on the prowl for parts...... I'm gonna have to either shave or offer a reward for spotting me..... LOL :laugh:

What do you think????? :cool:

Last edited:
2/24/08
Tropic Green 99 SVT parked on NE 39th across the street from Poor Richards Restaurant in Portland. Ore plate..... Had a lay on cover on the dash so I suspect mild dash warp issue. Left a card with the site address and an invite to join us.

Black SVT 1998.5 Seen in Northern Alberta

Black SVT 1998.5 Seen in Northern Alberta

See it everyday, Its got 309,000km
Runs excellent, and I Drive it every day I can.

Bought it on Ebay for $2900

Bought it on Ebay for $2900

Believe it or not. Had 250k, just needed tires. Might sell it to get one with fewer kms, its on facebook ads.

So WiredMotorSports and I are standing in the parking lot of Busters Bar-B-Que in Tigard looking at the cars and chatting a bit b4 getting lunch. His black SVT my green SE and then this Sliver Frost SVT pulls in and for a second I thought it might be PDXSVT, but this guy gets out not Bob, and this gal not Ameshia and they just start walking off paying no never mind to us two and our tours.

Now I thought he pulled in there because he spotted the cars (who wouldn't), but when he started walking off I hollered at him and said you gotta at least say Hi...LOL and then he saw the cars. He lives in Sherwood and I gave him an invite to the site..... can you believe he says he didn't see the cars, yet he parked right next to another SVT and an SE..... Must be the cars just attract one another regardless of the driver...LOL Hope we get a new member out of it... bet he at least looks closer next time..... :laugh:

AF

How can you not notice. Not every body is in to contours like us. I can spot a clean post 98 se out of crowd.

T-red w/ tan interior in the Fry's parking lot around 2pm Monday. I know you saw the green one parked outside. :laugh:
-tropictour

An Executive Spotting

An Executive Spotting

This is a little different spotting..... but the Contour got noticed by the CEO of one of the largest companies in Oregon.

There I was in the basement elevator lobby, after parking in the garage at work. I had pulled in just behind our CEO, and while they were getting something out of their Audi I had gone into the lobby. As the CEO joined me, they said "I've seen you car around here is it a Hybrid?" (Hybrid = 3.0L hmmmmm) I laughed and said no it is just an obsolete little car with a V6 that gets about 28 mpg, and is fun to drive :laugh:

I mean what else can you say...?

We discussed car for a bit as we went up in the elevator. I'd never have thought our CEO would have such strong opinions on vehicles...

The main point is the Contour caught the eye of the CEO in a favorable way..... that says something about our cars don't you think? IF it had been an SVT perhaps there would have been an offer to swap for the Audi... and I'd of had to say NO.....LOL

AF

Sweet now you have an common interest with the CEO. You'll be making your why up the corporate latter now.:cool:

Wait ... Does he know your name?

Back