• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

95 GL, 5 spd, zetec

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0755copy22.jpg

With rims i shopped on it for fun

Heres mine, got it in july.
im trying to fix it up as i go, but i think im just goin to keep this one for parts, for when i get another, better and cleaner one than this. Probably a 96

Car.jpg

this was my dads way back in the day.
95 GL, auto, zetec

i always loved that color when its cleaned up with a quality wax/polish.
eo rims and catback would do tha car nicely....i may have both fs soon. ;-)
what part of NY are you in?

i always loved that color when its cleaned up with a quality wax/polish.
eo rims and catback would do tha car nicely....i may have both fs soon. ;-)
what part of NY are you in?
I love the color also:cool: ,but it could use a new paint job some of the clear is peeling and it's:eek: 17 years old. Ithaca
I wanted some EO's BUT the price on these was just right (FREE)

400006_3008710612370_1100593826_33170159_985543104_n.jpg

bought it a few weeks ago, rod bearing failure and a bad clutch. I now have a 50k mile 2.5 with a brand new luk clutch kit with the original trans sitting on the floor in my garage waiting to go in it hopefully on Monday!

^^^nice save!!! i still have a soft spot for the pre98 se.

Ithacas a nice area, we go out there a few times a year.

^^^nice save!!! i still have a soft spot for the pre98 se.

Thanks! I probably overpayed on it but I was pretty much exactly what I wanted. Has sunroof and an mtx and almost no rust or dents, paint is beyond shot though. Came with brand new front struts though. Many of the parts from my 98 Parts car are going to go on it (only 50k ftw! sad though I payed less for the parts car than this one...)

400006_3008710612370_1100593826_33170159_985543104_n.jpg

bought it a few weeks ago, rod bearing failure and a bad clutch. I now have a 50k mile 2.5 with a brand new luk clutch kit with the original trans sitting on the floor in my garage waiting to go in it hopefully on Monday!
Best of luck with your project keep us posted

This is 96BlackSE old ride right? When did he sell it? I almost PM'ed him the other day asking if he still had it and if he was interested in selling it.

It is still his, I am his brother, he has been quite busy for the past few years and his car has been kept in the garage, I occasionally grab the keys to take the car. Contact him and see if you can come to an agreement about selling his car.

It's coold to see you guys are still saving pre98's :cool:. Makes me all warm inside :laugh:

It's coold to see you guys are still saving pre98's :cool:. Makes me all warm inside :laugh:

I don't know what it is, but I think the pre-'98s are the better cars than the post-'98s (someone help me on this one). I just love these cars, especially if it has a MTX! If I were to buy another Contour, you can bet that I'll be looking for a pre-'98!!:wave:

With the exception of the wiring harness (crossingmyfingers),I would say the build quality was damn near perfect on the 95's :cool:

Back