• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Post 98 thread

are you trying to say he rattle canned the fender and bumper? if thats true, omg

I'm excellent with a rattle can, but nothing like that, wow

if that is rattle can, where'd you get it joe?

are you trying to say he rattle canned the fender and bumper? if thats true, omg

I'm not trying to say he did it, I'm saying he did a great job doing it. He said it:shrug:

:crazy::laugh:

Looks pretty clean. I still like the pre98 hubcaps ;).

Updated previous post also ^^^^^^^

Not sure why this '99 "sport" has drum brakes in the rear. They work good so I'm not going to change them to disc. Super rusty drum covers too :blackeye:.

is it an automatic? auto duratec's came with drums in the back I believe.

Contributing. 99 SE Sport with a 98/99 Taurus 3.0 Hybrid. Pre98 trunk Rattle-Canned to match.

JonsNewCar1001.jpg

JonsNewCar1003.jpg

JonsNewCar1002.jpg

I will get new pics up when I get some tires for the ST200s that aren't completely chewed up.

Yep, I painted with spray paint/rattle can:
-bottom of passenger front door
-front bumper
-passenger fender
-rear bumper

I got the can from a local auto parts store called United Parts Plus, I think NAPA can mix rattle can color coded to match as well. I painted my '95s engine bay while the engine was out with a rattle can too. They just look at the color code on the door jamb and mix it up for ya.

It is $20 a can and I used 2 cans for the parts listed above. No clear yet. The finish just turns out a little dull compared to the OEM finish but it is almost dead on for color match. I'm sure I could put some more paint on, wetsand it a very little, and clear a few times and wetsand and have it turn out fantastic.....

heres mine

heres mine

paint sucks oddly enough i have always been more concerned with the ride and comfortablilty so the interior is what is important to me but odds and ends on the outside dont hurt
deknauberized
mesh lower grille
mystique rear with tails
shaved antenna
eyelids
svt grille
35 % tint all around
mystique leathers with tique two tone doors
wrapped headliner and rear dash and all pillars
custom atx shifter
tons more
IMG_2982.jpg

DSCF6288.jpg

this is what it used to look like after my first shot at painting it

Good eye, yeah it looks like they are pulled out on the bottom too much..... Wierd now that I see it.

oooooh, thats what I wanted to do with my car....I still have my svt bumper sitting behind my garage waiting to be painted. Once someone dented in my hood and roof by jumping on my car, i put a fat dent in my door, and I realized my rocker panels are starting to rust out I decided the car wasn't worth putting money into to make the exterior better.

Yours looks good though, I'm mad jealous of your exterior and your 5 speed....

-Connor

Yes, I have a very steep driveway...

Dsc01437.jpg

Dsc01443.jpg

Dsc01439.jpg

I used a 3M headlight restoration kit on the headlights since these pics... a couple hours, and just like brand new! Definitely recommend using it to everyone. Soooooo nice and clear.

edit: a little love makes all the difference, was rainy tho
headlite.jpg

that aint a steep driveway. the drive at my old house was so steep an infinity hopped off the jack while I was rotating tires and created quite a PITA... park + one side hand brake + open back diff (or ragged lsd)= epic fail. I also had a brake line wear through on a ranger and it made it all the way across the street into my neighbors drive and hit their toyota. parking brake was apart too. project vehicle FTL...

Back