• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Post 98 thread

Let's keep this thread on track with posts about pictures of post-98's not mods we can do...

98 Contour GL on another rainy pre-winter day in Alaska ....

1998ContourinAlaska.jpg

My bro's 1999 SE Sport $260 only ;) - I had all the parts to fix it up a bit.

He calls it "The Beast"

Ryans1999SE014.jpg

Ryans1999SE011.jpg

e8c1a115e123.jpg

cc815795f788.jpg

morning of painting:
9-5-2009006.jpg

final(with spray paint):
9-5-2009011.jpg

9-5-2009012.jpg

9-5-2009013.jpg

9-5-2009014.jpg

I call mine the Conturd...no explanation needed. Here's my freshly polished turd, spent about 5 hours on labor day vaccuming, detailing, washing, and waxing the whole car. And yes blu, I'm still rocking your pre-98 hubcaps...for now:

IMGP2069.jpg

Thanks, Connor

Looks pretty clean. I still like the pre98 hubcaps ;).

Updated previous post also ^^^^^^^

Not sure why this '99 "sport" has drum brakes in the rear. They work good so I'm not going to change them to disc. Super rusty drum covers too :blackeye:.

it's ok, my "sport" has a zetec dash, no spoiler, no side skirts, and came with 14" hubcaps...

I didn't even know these came with drum brakes. other trims besides sport got disks right?

I'm still trying to decide if the dealer just tossed a sport sticker on there or not.

the zetec dash makes me seriously wonder about a lot of things on this car. good thing I've replaced all the mechanical parts.....

indeed sir, no tach

duratecs came with a tach, zetecs didnt. why they would make the engine the determiner for tach or no tach instead of the gearbox is beyond me, but my rangers were the same way.

Back