• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: Billet A Arms

Hey.
Stop talkin bout ur stang.

I saw two nice early 90's 5.0's on the way to work this morning.
I still consider selling everything to get another one.

Hey.
Stop talkin bout ur stang.

I saw two nice early 90's 5.0's on the way to work this morning.
I still consider selling everything to get another one.

LOL...sorry buddy. haha They are amazing cars as are CSVT's as are the Ford trucks I have owned......Ford just does it right!!

small problem.

I need to lift my car up and calculate the degree of vertical movement required for the arms.

I was going to just automatically get 1 up sized heim joints and then get high misalignment spacers 1 size down
but that is proving to be rather pricey.

SO, we're getting there.

I want these to be nothing less of perfect so again, thank you all for your patience.

If I remember correctly the stangkillers had 7/16 spacers top and bottom. The heim joints had a 3/4 thread as well.

The final stack height of the Stangkillers is 44mm. The spacers are a few thousandths off 7/16 for this reason.

It's been a while since I played with it, can emachineshop's 3D CAD export? If so you may way to quote the job around like cnczone.com, as I've noticed that emachineshop is a bit pricey.

yeah that's what i got 1.73" or so.
Tomorrow I am free all day so imma get under my car and get the degree of movement required for the arm. That way I can determine if I need high misalignment spacers or not.

As long as I can get that done I should have the design finished before Sunday night.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

yeah that's what i got 1.73" or so.
Tomorrow I am free all day so imma get under my car and get the degree of movement required for the arm. That way I can determine if I need high misalignment spacers or not.

Even if they don't "require" a high degree of movement, it may be beneficial to have it, as it may aid in installation when connecting to the spindle. Plus they look cool, and if these spacers aren't too much more, I say why not!

you're right.
BUT.

The arms will be limited in movement because IF they can move enough, they will be limited my the top and bottom of the sub-frame edges, near the mounts.

If you have seen it, it should make sense.

So even WITH high misalignment heim's, if the arm hits the subframe before the spacers reach their limit. It's a waste of money.

And it doesn't seem they will be cheap. two joints and 4 spacers per arm adds up fast.

I'm all about budget with this build but I will not sacrifice safety.

Hence 5/8 or even bigger heim joints.

Ture. Wishful thinking on my part.

To be honest, I would rather put money to a better grade Aluminum, than fancy spacers. Rigidity is top priority for me.

After helping Morbid pull his tranny last weekend, I think regular spacers will work fine. He has the Stangkiller A-arms, and there really isn't that much movement due to the frame.

Ture. Wishful thinking on my part.

To be honest, I would rather put money to a better grade Aluminum, than fancy spacers. Rigidity is top priority for me.

After helping Morbid pull his tranny last weekend, I think regular spacers will work fine. He has the Stangkiller A-arms, and there really isn't that much movement due to the frame.
I agree but at maybe 1.5" thick the 6061 T6 will be fine.
I didn't think we'd need high misalignment spacers but I want to make sure, which I will do tomorrow. Or today now lol (late)

put me down for a set
done

stress analysis?

Unless you know of someone that can provide one, I can't.

Another point that may affect this buy is I can't take a deposit.
I need full payment.

I don't make nor have enough money to pay for all of this out of pocket, then receive payments afterward.

Let me know if you're all still interested.

If not that's ok.

If necessary, I can pass on everything I have ie:notes, drawings, measurements, files, etc. to someone that can make it happen and do some proper testing before have 20 arms made.

My money will be sent as soon as you give the word. I don't need a stress test, thicker space age aluminum, titanium etc...I just need to know it will be of higher quality than the stamped Ford OEM piece. Please continue your efforts.

Dan

Back