• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official GB: Billet A Arms

DocStruthers

Veteran CEG'er
As of post date/time:

11-26-2011

1. DocStruthers
2. HotRodV6
3. DanCanuck
4. Chas
5. 79mustang351w
6. newb
7. FastFord
8. aircougar
9. svtguy27
10. zerg1024

Those of you on list know, for the most part, what to expect from the IC thread discussions.

Obviously much more details to come, with a delivery date of . . . . before xmas.

SO, if more interested members arise.

Add yourself to the list.

Price is not known but guessed @ 125-175 each + shipping.

There are MANY factors in the price but I can't be more specific until I
get more info on arm, mount dimensions.

Of course the car I need measurements of is my daily driver so this weekend i'll check a few clearances and get the rest once my donor arm arrives.

Thank you all for your patience.

Sounds good!

I'd rather buy a set ready to go with ultra high quality heim's and ball joints. I would assume that you could get a slight discount with a bulk purchase, making it worth getting a complete set?

Yes sir.

but, a complete set for front, correct?

or entire suspension?

either way. . .

the more we buy the cheaper it will be.

I wouldn't mind offering a complete billet suspension package in the future but obviously that's a much higher cost then certain components at a time.

and why aren't you on the list mr. Chas? =)

lol... definitely looking forward to this. Thanks, and send me a PM if you find out the final price and you havent heard from me. I get really busy between garage, work, and family stuff... this has been the most i have posted on here in a long time.

guess ill go ahead and wait on buying a set of the Moog replacement arms for my car if your going to have these ready before xmas. If your going to offer them complete ready to bolt on, please use grease able ball joints, that's my one request.

guess ill go ahead and wait on buying a set of the Moog replacement arms for my car if your going to have these ready before xmas. If your going to offer them complete ready to bolt on, please use grease able ball joints, that's my one request.

i would like the heim joints with the arms, but I will definitely source my own ball joints. I replace so many on variety of vehicles, and the sealed premium joints last so much longer than the cheaper greaseable joints , from my experience.

I've been searching and searching and searching for some performance/racing ball joints but have yet to find the ones our cars use.

They look to consist of a rod of equal radi throughout it's length with a 360degree relief for the pinch bolt at the bottom of the spindle/knuckle.
Obviously with 3 bolts at barely a few inches apart.

I might have to get some custom ball joints made using spherical joints and stainless mounting plates. lol

Sh*t, why not.

update,

just got the arm for measuring.

should have a final-ish design by tomorrow night at latest.

Just to show I am workin on them but I got a little behind in some classes so yeah I am bustin them out.

Here's an image of what i've got so far on the new arms.

Not much but it's just proof I am workin on them. :)

Ok guys sorry.
This has been on hold for a week or so.

Like I mentioned my CSVT is my dd and have been having some electrical problems lately.
Until I get that fixed completely . . . well you get the idea.

I also have another car I am seeing if I can get more road worthy before the CSVT but just takes money.
Which I do not have. :)

Thank you all for your patience.

Oh, and . . .

1. DocStruthers
2. HotRodV6
3. DanCanuck
4. Chas
5. 79mustang351w
6. newb
7. FastFord
8. aircougar
9. svtguy27